跳到主要内容

英语口语8000句

第一章 日常生活中使用的短句
1 在家中
●从起床到出门
Good morning. (早晨好。)
Did the alarm clock go off? (闹钟响了吗? )
It's time to get up! (该起床了!)
Get up soon. (快点儿起床!)
Are you awake? (你醒了吗?)
Are you feeling sick? (你不舒服吗?)
Did you sleep well? (睡得好吗?)
Would you turn off the alarm clock?( 能帮我关掉闹钟吗?)
You finally got up. (你终于起来了。)
It's a nice day! (今天是个好天!)
Did you stay up late last night? (昨晚你熬夜了? )
Let's fold up the futon. 把被子叠好。
You were snoring last night. (昨天晚上你打呼噜了。)
I had a nightmare. (我做了个可怕的梦。)
You left the light on. (你一直没关灯啊。)
I have to go wash my face. (我得洗脸了。 )
It's time to eat breakfast.(该吃早饭了。)
I'm still sleepy.(我还困着呢。 )
I'm still yawning. (我还打哈欠呢。 )
I have a hangover. (昨天的酒还没醒呢。)
I'm a night person. (我是个夜猫子。)
Coffee wakes me up.(我是用咖啡来提神的。 )
Did you brush your teeth?(刷牙了吗? )
I have to comb my hair. (我得梳梳头了。 )
What should I wear? (穿什么好呢?)
Hurry up and get dressed. (快换衣服。)
Put those pajamas away! (把睡衣收好。)
I'm leaving. Bye mom! (我走了。妈妈再见!)
Let's play hooky today! (今天我们逃学吧。)
You're wearing your sweater inside out.(你毛衣穿反了。 )
It's upside down. (上下颠倒了。 )
Don't forget to take out the garbage. (可别忘了扔垃圾!)
It's your turn to take out the garbage. (今天该你扔垃圾了。 )
What are you doing today? (今天你们干嘛?)
If you don't hurry, we'll be late. (你快点儿,我们该迟到了!)
Hurry or you'll be late for school. (快点儿,上学该迟到了。)
Did you lock the door?(你锁门了吗? )
Aren't you forgetting something? (没忘了什么东西吧?)
It's already 8:00.(都已经8点了! )
I'm late! (我晚了!)
I have to rush!我得赶紧走!
Are you gonna be late today? (你今天会回来得晚吗?)
What time are you coming home? (几点回来?)
Have you got your lunch box? (饭盒带了吗?)
It might rain today. (今天好像要下雨。)
Don't forget to lock the door when you leave.(出门的时候,可别忘了锁门。 )

●从回家到就寝
I'm home. (我回来了。)
Welcome home!(你回来了。 )
Did you have a good time? (今天过得愉快吗? )
How did it go today?(今天怎么样? )
Can I go out to play? (我可以出去玩儿会儿吗?)
I'm hungry. (我饿了。)
Where are the snacks? (点心在哪儿?)
I'm going to cram school now. (我去补习学校了啊。)
May I have my allowance? (能给我点儿零花钱吗?)
I'm tired.(真累啊! )
What would you like for dinner? (晚饭你想吃什么?)
Would you help me set the table? (你能帮我准备餐具吗?)
What should I make for dinner?(晚饭做什么好呢? )
It's good to be home.还是家好哇。
Would you run to the store? (你能不能快点儿去趟商店?)
The bath is ready.(洗澡水烧好了。 )
I'm taking a shower.(我要冲个澡。 )
Is dinner ready? (晚饭好了吗?)
Mom, what's for dinner tonight?(妈妈,今天晚饭吃什么? )
What's for dinner? (晚饭吃什么?)
Today, we're having curry.(今天吃咖哩饭。 )
How soon can you get it ready? (还要多久才能做好呀?)
Let's eat.(我吃了啊。 )
Please go ahead.(请先吃吧。 )
This knife cuts well, doesn't it? (这刀挺好使的,是不是?)
The water is boiling! (水开啦!)
Come and get it!(开饭啦! )
It's time to eat. (该吃饭啦!)
I'm coming.(这就来啦! )
Did you wash your hands well? (手洗干净了吗?)
Don't spill it!(别弄洒了。 )
Eat all of your vegetables.(把碗里的菜吃光。 )
Finish up your plate. (把碗里的饭吃干净。)
I don't like asparagus. (我不喜欢吃芦笋。)
It was very delicious. Thank you.(谢谢您的款待。 )
Would you clear the table?(能帮我收拾盘子吗? )
Do the dishes! (把盘子洗了。)
I'll dry the dishes. (我擦盘子。 )
What are you doing? (你干什么呢? )
I'm watching TV. (我看电视呢。 )
Are there any good programs on TV? (有什么好看的节目吗?)
Nomo is on TV.(野茂上电视了。 )
What's on Channel 8? (8频道演什么呢? )
Would you change the channel?(能不能帮我换个台? )
I want to watch more TV. (我还想看电视。)
Let's spread out the futon. (铺床吧。 )
I'm sleepy. (我困了。)
Did you do your homework?(作业做了吗? )
Study hard. (好好学习。)
Hurry up and go to sleep. (快点睡觉。 )
Enough with your video games. (游戏玩够了吧。)
Make sure you brush your teeth. (一定要刷牙噢。)
Are you ready for tomorrow? (明天的东西都准备好了吗?)
I'm going to take a bath. (我去洗个澡。)
Time to go to sleep. (该睡觉了。)
You left the TV on. (电视还开着呢。)
Don't leave your stuff here. (别把你的东西都摊在这儿。)
I set the alarm clock for 8:00.(把闹钟定在8点了。 )
Wake me up at seven tomorrow. (明天7点叫醒我。)
Good night. (晚安。)
Sweet dreams. (做个好梦。)

●休息日
I want to take a nap. (我真想睡个午觉。)
I'm going to lie down. (我去躺一会儿。 )
You're pretending to be asleep.(你在装睡啊! )
Were you sleeping?(你睡着了吗? )
No, I was awake. (没有,还没睡呢。 )
Will you change the baby's diaper? (你能给孩子换块尿布吗?)
Do you need to pee? (想尿尿吗? )*主要对小孩子用。
It's time to go wee-wee.(该尿尿了。 ) *主要对小孩子用。
Peekaboo! *孩子们在玩藏猫游戏时常用。大人有时也半带玩乐地使用。
Kuchi-kuchi-koo. (胳肢胳肢)*胳肢婴儿时用。大人有时开玩笑时也用。
Let's play catch. (我们来投球吧。)
The water is leaking.(漏水了。 )
It's so dusty. (全是灰呀。 )
It's stuffy in this room.(这间屋子通风真差。)
It's drafty in this room. (这个房间很通风。 )
Will you feed the dog? (你能去喂喂狗吗? )
Will you take the dog for a walk? (你去遛遛狗吧? )
Take care of my brother and sister. (帮我照看一下弟弟和妹妹。)
Please water the plants. (请(给植物)浇点水。 )
What a mess! (啊!怎么这么乱呀! )
Help me. (帮帮我吧。)
Clean up your room. (把你的屋子收拾收拾。)
Help me clean up the house. (帮我打扫打扫卫生。 )
We're out of dish detergent. (洗涤灵用完啦。)
Would you put up the clothes to dry?(你能把衣服晾上吗? )
Will you help me fold up the clothes?(你能帮我把衣服叠起来吗? )
Please sweep the floor. (把地扫扫。 )
Please scrub [美 /skrʌb/] the sink.(把厨房的池子洗干净。 )
I have to vacuum my room。 (我得用吸尘器吸吸我房间了。 )
Please dust the shelves。(掸掸柜子上的土。 )
Please mop the floor. (请拖拖地。 )
Will you iron the shirt? (你能把那件衬衫熨熨吗? )
I have to iron my skirt. (我的裙子得熨了。 )
Let's go grocery shopping.(我们去超市买东西吧。)
The park was crowded.(公园里人挤人。 )
Can you baby-sit tonight? (今晚能帮我照看一下孩子吗?)

●送礼物
This is for you. (这是送给你的。)
This is your share. (这是你的那份。 )
What do you want for your birthday? (过生日想要什么礼物?)
Ta-dah! (噢,来喽! )*把礼物等送到别人面前时的一种表达方式。

●生活习惯
I usually work out after work。(我经常下班以后运动。 )
I've started jogging. (我开始慢跑锻炼。)
Do you dream often?(你常做梦吗? )
I've been forgetful lately.(最近我总是丢三落四的。 )

●理财
When is this due? (什么时候到期? )
It's due on the thirtieth. (交费日期截止到30号。)
Could you give me change? (能帮我换一下零钱吗? )
Do you have change for one hundred yen? (能帮我换开100日元吗? )
I need to deposit five thousand yen (in my savings account)。(我要存5000日元(在我的账户上。) )
I need to withdraw ¥5,000 (from my savings account)。(我要取5000日元(从我的账户上)。 )
I paid out of my own pocket。( 我是自己掏的腰包。 )
I'm out of cash. (我没带现金。 )
I don't have much money on me now.(我现在没有多少现金。)
I'm broke.(身无分文。 )
I have a lot of money on me now.(现在我有很多现金。 )
I can't afford to be lazy. (我可没有时间闲呆着。 )
What a waste! (多浪费呀! )
He didn't pay the debt and disappeared。(他因为还不上债而躲了起来。 )

2 享受余暇时间
●邀请友人
Are you free this weekend? (这个周末你有空吗?)
Could I see you again?( 我们还可以再见面吗? )
Could you give me your phone number? (能给我你的电话号码吗? )
Where shall we meet?(我们在哪儿见面? )
Shall I come to pick you up?( 要我开车去接你吗? )
Are you doing anything this afternoon? (你今天下午有安排吗?)
How about having dinner with me? (和我一起吃晚饭,好吗?)
Why don't we go to see a baseball game? (我们干嘛不去看棒球比赛呢?)
Sorry, I'm tied up. (真对不起,我另有安排。 )
I'm afraid I can't.(实在对不起,恐怕不行。 )
Thanks for asking, but...(谢谢您的邀请,可是…… )
How about a rain check?(另找时间可以吗? )
I hope you can come.(我希望你能来。 )

●订计划
When is it convenient for you? (你什么时候方便?)
About what time? (什么时候? )
Whenever.(什么时候都行。 )
When you have time. (等你有时间的时候吧。 )
I'm free today. (我今天有空。 )
I'll be busy tomorrow.(明天我会很忙。 )
How about the tenth?( 10号怎么样? )
When are you free?(你什么时候有空? )
That's a bad day for me. (那天我不行。 )
That day is fine. (那天我可以。 )
When can I come over? (我什么时候去合适? )
You decide when.(你定时间吧。 )
You decide where.(你定地点吧。 )
Is seven convenient for you?(7点行吗? )
When can you come over?(你几点能来? )
Is it too early? (太早了吗? )
Is it too late? (太晚了吗? )
It's a date. (就那个时间吧。 )
See you then.(回头见。 )

●出门的时候
Are you ready? (准备好了吗?)
Ready.(准备好了。 )
I'm not ready.(还没准备好呢。 )
What time shall we leave? (我们什么时候出发。)
What time do we arrive?(我们几点能到? )
Let's get going. (那我们走吧。)

●看电影
Would you like to go to a movie? (你想去看电影吗?)
What's on tonight?(今天晚上放什么电影? )
What movie do you want to see? (你想看什么电影? )
I want to see...(我想看《××》 )
Where is... playing?( 哪儿演《××》? )
How long is... playing?(《××》演到什么时候? )
Who is in this movie? (这部电影是谁演的? )
How long does it last? (演多长时间? )
What time is the next showing?(下一场几点开演? )
What time will it be over?(几点演完? )
Two, please.(我买两张成人票。 )
I can't see because of the person in front of me.(前边的人挡着,我看不见。 )
We are way in the back, aren't we? (我们怎么坐得这么靠后呀? )
Let's sit closer up front. (我们坐到前面的座位上吧。 )
That was interesting, wasn't it? (真太有意思了,是不是?)
That was boring, wasn't it?(这电影真没劲。 )
I was moved. (太让人感动了。 )

●去听音乐会
I'd like two tickets for October 3rd, please.(我买两张10月3号的票。 )
Sorry, we're sold out. (对不起,卖完了。)
When do you have tickets?"(有什么时候的票? ")
What time does it start?(几点开始? )
Can I make a reservation?(可以预订吗? )
Where can I buy a ticket? (在哪儿买票?)
Is this seat taken? (这位子有人吗?)
We have great seats, don't we? (我们这个位子真棒。 )
Encore!(再来一个! )
Go for it,...!(××加油! )

●打高尔夫球
I'd like to play golf. (我想打高尔夫球。)
Would you like to golf tomorrow? (明天打高尔夫球,好吗?)
Do you want to join me?(愿意和我一起打高尔夫球吗? )
Are there any golf courses around here? (这附近有高尔夫球场地吗? )
How much is it per person? (1个人多少钱? )
How much is it per day?( 1天多少钱? )
Are there any extra charges?(此外还有其它的花费吗? )
Can I rent the equipment? (我可以租用用具吗? )
Please make a reservation for golf.(请帮我预约高尔夫球。(请别人预约时) )
I'd like to make golf reservations.(我想预约高尔夫球。(由自己提出请求时) )
When would you like to play?(要什么时间的? )
This Friday, if possible. (如果可以的话,(请订这个星期五的。 ))
There are four of us.(我们一共4个人。 )
What time are we starting?(我们几点开始? )

●相识的人一起去喝酒
How about a drink? (去喝一杯怎么样?)
I need a drink. (我想去喝一杯。 )
Would you like to have a drink after work? (下班以后去喝一杯怎么样?)
Do you have any beer? (有啤酒吗?)
Two bottles of beer, please.(请来两瓶啤酒。 )
One whiskey with water, please. (请来杯掺水的威士忌。 )
What kind of snacks should we have? (要什么下酒菜呢?)
Let's forget about work and have some fun.(让我们忘了工作,痛快一会儿吧。 )
Cheers!(干杯! )
What are you drinking?(喝什么呢? )
I like to go barhopping. (我喜欢换酒馆喝。 )
The first sip is the best! (第一口最舒坦了。 )
Nothing beats this! (这个最好! )
Would you like a refill? (再来一杯,怎么样? )
Another beer, please.(再来一瓶啤酒! )
This whiskey is strong. (这种威士忌挺冲。 )
How do you like sake?( 日本酒怎么样? )
It's strong. (酒劲大。 )
I'm drunk. (我喝醉了。)
I feel a little tipsy. (我觉得有点儿醉了。 )
I'm loaded.( 酩酊大醉。 )
Drink moderately.(喝酒要适可而止。 )
I get drunk easily. (我的酒量小。 )
I drank too much.(我喝得太多了。 )
I should have drunk less.(我不该喝这么多的。)
I have a hangover. (头天的酒还没醒。 )

●唱卡拉OK
Let's go to karaoke! (我们去唱卡拉OK吧。)
What is karaoke? (什么是卡拉OK? )
Singing along with recorded music. (就是合着录音带的音乐一起唱歌。 )
Are you good at singing? (你唱歌拿手吗? )
I'd like to request a song. (我想点首歌。 )
You sing first.(你先唱。 )
Let's enjoy ourselves. (大家高兴地玩吧! )
How about a song, John? (约翰,你来唱一首吧。 )
What are you going to sing? (你打算唱什么歌? )
Let's sing a duet. (来个二重唱吧。 )
Now it's my turn.(现在轮到我了。 )
I don't have the nerve to sing in front of people. (我不敢在大家面前唱歌。 )
I can't keep up with the new songs. (我跟不上新歌的速度(我不会唱新歌。) )
I'm tone-deaf.(我五音不全。 )
What's your karaoke specialty?(你唱卡拉OK有什么拿手的歌吗? )
I've never heard of that song.(我从来没听说过那首歌。)
You're a good singer!(你唱得真好! )

3 生病、受伤时
●请医生看病
Do you need a doctor? (用叫医生吗?)
Please call an ambulance. (请叫救护车。 )
I'd like to see a doctor. (我要看病。 )
I'm not feeling well. (我觉得身体不舒服。 )
Could you send me a doctor? (你能帮我请位医生吗? )
What's wrong with you?(你怎么啦? )
What are your symptoms? (是什么症状? )
Let me check your temperature. (量一下体温吧。 )
Did you eat something unusual?(吃了什么不对劲的东西没有? )
Let me check your blood pressure.(量一下血压吧。 )
Are you taking any medication regularly?(你常服用什么药? )
I'm not taking any medication. (我没服用任何药。)
What's wrong with me? (我哪儿不好? )
Is it serious?(严重吗? )

●陈述症状
Are you feeling okay? (你不舒服吗? )
What's wrong? (你怎么了?)
You look pale. (你的脸色真不好。 )
I don't feel well. (我觉得难受。)
You don't look well. (你好像不太舒服。)
She passed out. (她昏过去了。 )
I feel sick.(我觉得难受。 )
I have a stomachache. (我肚子疼。)
I have a dull pain. (隐隐作痛。 )
I have a sharp pain. (钻心地疼。)
I have a throbbing pain. (一跳一跳地疼。 )
I have a piercing pain. (我感到巨痛。 )
I have a stabbing pain. (像针扎似地疼。 )
I have diarrhea. (我拉肚子了。 )
I have food poisoning. (我食物中毒了。)
I have high blood pressure. (血压高。)
I have low blood pressure. (血压低。)
I have a headache. (我头疼。)
I have a toothache. (我牙疼。)
I feel dizzy. (我头晕目眩。 )
I feel sluggish.(我浑身没劲。)
I don't have any appetite. (我没有一点儿食欲。)
I have a slight cold. (我有点儿感冒。)
I feel chilly. (我浑身发冷。)
I have a bad cold. (我得了重感冒。)
I have a stuffy nose. (鼻子堵了。)
I have a runny nose.(我在流鼻涕。)
I have a bit of a fever. (我有点儿发烧。 )
I think I have a fever. (我好像发烧了。)
I have a high temperature. (我在发高烧。)
I feel like throwing up.(我想吐。)
Ouch! (好疼!/好烫!)
It's itchy. (痒痒。)
Ahchoo! (啊嚏!)
I broke my leg.(我腿骨折了。)
How long will the cast be on? (要打多长时间石膏?)
I burned my hand. (我把手给烫了。)
I sprained my ankle. (我崴脚了。)
I caught a cold from you. (你把感冒传染给我了。 )
I must stay in bed. (我必须静养。 )
I have stiff shoulders. (我肩膀酸痛。)
My eyes are tired.( 我眼睛发酸。 )
Is somebody hurt? (有谁受伤了? )
My fever has gone down.( 我退烧了。)
I can't stop coughing. (我咳嗽不止。)
My throat's sore. (我嗓子疼。)
It's bleeding. (我流血了。 )
I've got a cut here.(我这儿割破了。 )
It hurts.( 好疼。)
I got stung by a bee. (我被蜜蜂蜇了。 )
Do I need an operation? (我需要动手术吗? )
Will it take long? (要花很长时间吗? )
Can I take a bath?(我可以洗澡吗? )
Is it okay to drink? (我可以喝酒吗? )
Should I be hospitalized?(我一定要住院吗? )
Do you have a fever? (你发烧吗? )
I feel better.(我觉得好多了。)
I don't feel any better.(我觉得没什么好转。)
Are you alright again? (你的病好了吗? )
He passed away. (他去世了。 )

4 恋爱和结婚
●喜欢、爱上……
Tom is a lady-killer. (汤姆是个美男子。)
Tom really turns me on. (汤姆真让我神魂颠倒。)
Chris is really a heartbreaker.(克里斯长得真帅。)
Janet is a knockout. (珍妮特真迷人呀。)
I think he has a crush on you. (他好像看上你了。)
Jane seems to like me. (简好像喜欢上我了。)
Diana's been coming on to Jack. (戴安娜对杰克有意思。)
I can't handle a girl like her.( 我不敢打像她那样的姑娘的主意。)
I'm dying to see her. (我非常想见到她。)
I'm trying to make a pass at her. (我想追求她。)
You broke my heart. (你也太狠心了。)

●约会
Are you free tonight? (今晚有空吗?)
Do you want to go out with me tonight? (今晚你能和我约会吗?)
Would you like to go to the movies with me? (愿意和我一起去看电影吗?)
Let's have tea or something. (我们喝点茶什么的吧。)
Please keep me company for a while.(能陪陪我吗? )
I'd like to invite you to a show.(我想请你去看演出。)
May I ask you out? (我能和你约会吗?)
Are you trying to pick me up? (你是想和我约会吗? (你想勾引我吗?) )
Where do you want to meet? (在哪儿见面?)
What time should we meet? (我们几点见面?)

●表白
I want to talk to you.(我有话要对你说。)
Are you seeing anyone now? (你现在有朋友吗?)
What do you think of me? (你觉得我怎么样?)
I love you. (我爱你。)
You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.(你是我见到过的最美的女人。)
I'm crazy for you.(你使我发疯。)
Don't play hard to get. (别装腔作势。)
I don't want to get serious yet.(我还不想太认真。)
It was love at first sight. (我是一见钟情。)
I wish I had never met you. (我真希望我从来都没遇到过你。 )
You're my type. (你是我喜欢的那种类型。)
You make me happy. (你使我感到幸福。)
I'm happy to have known you.(能认识你我非常幸福。)
You have beautiful eyes.(你的眼睛真美。 )
You're sweet.(你真好。)
You're sexy.(你真性感。)
Let's walk hand in hand. (我们拉着手走吧。 )
May I hold your hand? (我可以牵你的手吗?)
You're beautiful. (你真漂亮。 )
I want to know all about you.(我想知道你的一切。)
I want you. (我想要你。)
I need you. (我需要你。 )
You're everything to me.( 你是我的一切。)
You're mine.(你是我的。)
I'm yours.(我是你的。 )
I can't live without you.(没有你我无法活下去。)
Come closer. (再靠近我些。 )
What's on your mind?(你想什么呢? )
I think of you night and day.(我时时刻刻都想着你。 )
There will never be another you.(你是这个世界上独一无二的人。)
I like your dress. (你的连衣裙真漂亮。)
Nothing is too good for you.(为你我在所不惜。)
Are you seducing me? (你在引诱我吗? )
Hold me tight. (抱紧我。 )
Don't go away. (别离开我。 )
I can't help falling in love with you.(我无法不爱你。)
I've never felt like this before. (我从来没有过这种感觉。)
You're the one for me. (你是我的惟一。)
I'll love you forever.(我永远爱你。 )
I always speak my mind.(我一直都说的是真心话。 )
Love me, love my dog.(既然那样,那你也要爱屋及乌噢。)
Be gentle.(请温柔些。 )
Love me more. (再多爱我一些。 )
Look at me! (看着我! )
I fell in love with Rose. (我爱上了罗丝。)
I'm deeply in love with Rose.(我深深地爱着罗丝。)
Smooch! (唧! *表示男女接吻时发出的声响。)

●结婚
Will you marry me? (愿意和我结婚吗?)
I don't want to get engaged yet.(我还不想订婚。 )
I don't want to get married yet. (我还不想结婚。)
I haven't thought about marriage yet. (结婚,我还没想过呢。 )
I love you but I can't marry you.(我爱你,可是不能和你结婚。)
I hesitate to marry her. (我还下不了决心和她结婚。)
He's a newlywed. (他刚刚结婚。 )
How's (your) married life? (婚后生活怎么样?)
We're happy together now. (我们俩都感到很幸福。)
I love my wife. (我很爱我的妻子。)
We're two of a kind.(我们夫妻俩性格相似。)
We're a well-matched couple. (我们俩很般配。)
I'm a family-centered person.(我是个顾家的人。 )
She wants to start a family. (她想要个孩子。 )
I'm pregnant.(我怀孕了。 )
What did she have? (怀的是男孩还是女孩?)
We can work it out. (问题总会解决的。)
I think of my wife first.(我首先想到的是我妻子。)
We (as a husband and a wife) don't have any fights. (我们夫妻从不吵架。)
Family man.(拖家带口的人。 )

●离婚
We fight a lot.(我们经常吵架。)
I don't love my wife any more.(我不再爱我的妻子了。)
My wife's cheating on me. (我老婆有外遇。)
We had a falling-out.(我们感情不和。 )
I've changed my mind.(我已经改变心意了。 )
You have changed.(你变了。 )
Are you seeing someone now? (你现在是不是和谁交往呢?)
I don't see eye to eye with my wife. (我和妻子没什么共同语言。 )
We just don't get along. (我们俩合不来了。)
I thought I knew you. (我想我很了解你。)
I had an affair with my secretary. (我和我的秘书有了婚外情。)
I don't enjoy being with you.(和你在一起没意思。)
Let's get divorced. (我们离婚吧。)
I'm separated from my wife. (现在我和我妻子分居了。)
I can't get over losing you. (我不能失去你。)
Breaking up is hard to do. (和你分手是我最大的痛苦。)
Don't break my heart. (请不要伤我的心。)
We argued for hours. (我们争论了好几个小时。)

5 在工作单位
●在办公室
I made it! (我赶上了!)
Be punctual! (要严格遵守时间。)
You are late again. (你又迟到了。 )
I was only late by five minutes.(我只迟到了5分钟。 )
Did you punch in? (打出勤卡了吗? *上班时。)
Did you punch out? (打出勤卡了吗?*下班时。)
Let me check my schedule.(让我看看我的日程安排。)
I've got so much to do. (我有好多事要干。)
I'm pressed for time. (我的时间安排很紧。 )
I'm an ordinary office worker. (我是个普通的公司职员。)
The work doesn't need much effort.(这工作不太费事。)
Don't neglect your duties! (干活别偷懒。)
I take charge of the west side. (西区由我负责。)
I'm done with the work. (我已结束那项工作了。)
I can still work for a long time.(我还能工作好长时间呢。)
Our boss has been fired. (我们的上司被解雇了。)
Please staple these together. (请把这个订在一起。 )
Would you copy these papers? (能帮我复印一下这份材料吗? )
This copy machine doesn't work.(复印机有毛病了。 )
I think it ran out of paper. (我想复印机是没纸了。)
When is this due? (付款截止到什么时候?)
It's due on the thirtieth.(付款日期截止到30号。 )
Let's take a break. (我们休息一会儿吧。)
Get me a cup of coffee, will you? (能帮我倒杯咖啡吗? )
Would you like some coffee?(您想喝杯咖啡吗? )
That would be great. (那真是太好了。 )
It's almost lunchtime.(快到午饭时间了。)
We took an hour lunch break. (我们有1小时的午休时间。)
Let's get started.(我们开始吧。)
I can't leave this job at the moment. (现在我不能放下这个工作。)
I'm too busy to bother with such details. (我太忙了,顾不上那么琐碎的事。 )
I'm so busy, I'd really appreciate any help I could get.(我忙得四脚朝天。)
Don't slack off! (别偷懒! )
Do your best! (尽你的全力! )
Don't work too hard.(悠着点儿。 )
Pull yourself together. (打起精神来。)
You can count on me. (你可以找我呀! )
I don't even have time to catch my breath.(连喘口气的工夫都没有。 )
What's keeping you?(你怎么耽搁了? )
Changing jobs is the only way out. (换个工作是惟一的解决办法。)
You'd better work harder.(你应该更加努力工作。)
I'm a workaholic. (我是个工作狂。 )
I don't know how to fill out this form. (我不知道这张表怎么填。 )
How do I fill out this form? (这张表怎么填? )
Can you help me with this form? (您能帮我填一下这张表吗? )
It looks like it's going to be a long meeting, doesn't it? (看来会议要开长时间了,是吧? )
The meeting went well.(会议开得很成功。 )
I did all I could do. (我已经尽了最大的努力了。)
Are you impressed? (你觉得印象深刻吗?)
Please underline the important items.(请在重要事项的下面划线。)
Check. (好,没问题! )
Would you get to the point? (你能把要点说得再清楚点儿吗? )
Please do it all over again. (全部重做。)
Fax this paper to Mr. Tanaka.(把这个给田中先生传真过去。)
Please hand the document in to me. (请把那份文件交给我。)
This is a piece of work I can be proud of. (这是我的得意之作。 )
I can't find my white-out. (我找不到我的涂改液了。)
Are you working overtime tonight? (今晚你加班吗?)
Business is business. (工作就是工作,不能讲私情。 )
He's a hard worker. (他是个努力工作的人。 )
You're overworking. (你超负荷工作了。 )
Finish this report today! (今天必须完成这份报告。)
When is the paper due? (报告截止到几号? )
I've got so much to do. (我有很多事要做。)
There's a lot of work piled up on my desk. (瞧我桌上堆了一堆的事儿。)
We'll fake it. (差不多就得了。)
All done!(全都做完了。 )
It's been a long day. (今天忙了一天。 )
I can't make an exception for you. (我不能为你破例。)
It's dark outside already.(外边天都黑了。 )
Let's finish up. (就干到这儿吧。 )
I've just finished work. (正好工作刚做完。)
Today's payday! (今天发工资。)
Let's have a drink.(我们一起去喝一杯吧。 )
Thanks for your hard work. (你辛苦了。 )
I hope you don't mind my leaving now. (我先走了。 )
Sorry for interrupting. (对不起,打断一下。 )
May I interrupt (you)?(打扰一下可以吗? )
Mr. Smith is on line one. (史密斯先生在1号线听电话。)
I have an appointment with Mr. Aoki.(我已经和青木先生约好了。 )
What floor is ABC on? (ABC公司在几楼?)
Where are the elevators? (电梯在哪儿?)

●工作单位的人际关系
I get along well with him. (我和他很合得来。 )
I don't get along well with her.(我跟她合不来。 )
I respect him.(我很尊敬他。 )
I despise him.(我瞧不起他。)
I want to get along with everyone.(我想和大家和睦相处。)
Are you getting along with her?(你跟她合得来吗? )
She ignored me. (她根本不搭理我。 )
I don't know what he's really thinking.(我不知道他在想什么。 )
I have no reason to be envied. (我没有理由让人嫉妒。 )
I don't like brownnosers. (我讨厌爱拍马屁的人。 )
I'm neglecting my family. (我是个不顾家的人。 )
Which side are you? (你站在哪一方? )
I'm on your side. (我是站在你这边的。)
He's very hard on me. (他对我很不客气的。 )
He always treats me like an enemy. (他总把我当作眼中钉。 )
He treated me badly.(他对我很蛮横。)
I'm obligated to him. (我欠他的情。)
We're on a first name basis. (我们很熟,互相直呼其名。)

●评论他人
He's quick on the uptake. (他的理解力很强。 )
He'll never let you down.( 他不会让你失望的。 )
He's efficient. (他很能干。 )
He's a good guy.(他是个好人。)
He looks old for his age.(他显老。 )
You look younger than me. (你看上去比我年轻。)
That's the way he is.(他就是那种人。 )
Who is he like? (他长得像谁? )
He has a lot of common sense. (他有丰富的常识。 )
He's wise for his age. (他虽年轻,却很博学。 )
He knows a lot of people.(他交际很广。)
He's a go-getter. (他是个有才干的人。 )
You're so sympathetic. (你真体谅人。 )
He's faithful. (他是守信用的人。)
He has a deep voice.(他的嗓音低沉。 )
He has put on weight.(他发福了。 )
He's overweight.(他太胖了。 )
You have a lot of nerve.(你真有胆量。(你好大胆子。) )
He's a very modest man. (他是个很谦虚的人。 )
He has a good temper.(他有个好脾气。 )
He has a bad temper.(他这个人脾气暴躁。 )
There's something strange about her.(她不知哪儿有点怪。)
She's not herself. (她有点不太对劲儿。 )
She's so weird. (她真让人捉摸不透。 )
Tammy eats like a bird. (塔米饭量很小。)
She has a nice figure. (她的身材很好。 )
His best days are gone.(他已过壮年。 )
My father's getting on in years.(我父亲上年纪了。 )
What does he look like? (他长得什么样? )
They're making a big fuss. (他们闹得天翻地覆。)
He's a chain smoker.(他抽烟抽得没完没了。 )

●贬低别人
He's selfish. (他很自私。 )
He takes things too seriously. (他总把问题想得过于严重。 )
He's simpleminded. (他头脑简单。 )
He's on edge today. (今天他情绪烦躁。 )
He's talkative.(他真是个多嘴多舌的人。 )
He's quite well off. (他非常有钱。)
He's fresh. (他很好色。 )
He's a smooth talker. (他的嘴甜着呢。)
He's nobody's fool. (他是个不可小看的人。 )
He often says absurd things. (他净说些傻话。)
He has no sense of responsibility.(他一点儿责任心都没有。 )
He's very offensive. (他真是个让人讨厌的人。 )
He's a difficult man to deal with. (他这人很难对付。 )
He's a stubborn old man. (他是个倔老头。 )
He's aiming too high. (他总是好高骛远。 )
That man never admits defeat.(他从不认输。 )
He's very vague. (他是个难以捉摸的人。)
He's crooked. (他性格乖张。)
He's good for nothing.(他一无是处。 )
She's shy around strangers.(她认生。 )
You're too timid.(你是个胆小鬼。 )
He's acting big.(他在逞强。 )
He has a short temper. (他动不动就生气。 )
He eats like a horse. (他很能吃。 )
Your perfume is strong.(你的香水味真够呛人的。)

●自我评价
I'm young in spirit. (我的心还很年轻。 )
I'm all thumbs. (我笨手笨脚的。)
I like being alone.(我喜欢独处。 )
I'm easygoing. (我这个人比较随和。 )
I get embarrassed easily. (我遇事就慌。 )
I'm practical about everything. (我做什么事都很现实。)
I have a one-track mind. (我是一根筋。 )
I'm a good judge of character.(我看人很准。)
I have a sweet tooth. (我爱吃甜食。 )
I prefer wine to sweets.(我是个酒鬼。 )
I have led a dog's life. (我过着悲惨的生活。 )
I have poor eyesight.(我的视力不好。)

6 电 话
●打电话
This is Dennis Smith. (我是丹尼斯·史密斯。 )
Hello, John? 喂,(是约翰吗? )
Is this Mr. Dennis Smith? (喂, 请问是丹尼斯·史密斯先生吗? )
Is this the finance department? (请问是财务科吗? )
Is this Dr. Jim Baker's office? (请问是吉姆·贝克医生的办公室吗? )
Do you mind if I use your phone? (我能借用一下您的电话吗?)
May I speak to Mr. Sato?(我想找佐藤先生。 )
Is Mark there? (马克在吗? )
I'm sorry for calling you this late. (真对不起,这么晚了还给您打电话。)
I hope I'm not disturbing you. (我希望我没打扰您。)
I hope I didn't wake you up. (但愿没吵醒您。)
It is urgent I talk to Mr. Barr now.(我有急事要找巴尔先生。)
I'm calling about tomorrow's meeting. (有关明天开会的事给您打电话。)
I'm returning your call.(我给您回电话。 )

●接电话
Hello. (喂!)
Speaking.( 对,我就是。)
It's me. (是我呀。)
ABC Business College, may I help you?( ABC商务学院。您有什么事?)
Who's calling, please?(您是哪位? )
Who in particular would you like to talk to? (您想找哪位接电话? )
He's been expecting your call.(他一直在等您的电话。)
Which Suzuki do you want to talk to? (您要找哪个铃木? )
There are three Suzukis here. (这儿有三位姓铃木的。)
Would you mind calling back later?(您能过会儿再打吗? )
Extension 103, please. (请转103。)
I'll connect you to extension 103.(我给您接103分机。 )
Hold on, please. (请稍等一下。 )
I'll put him on. (我让他接电话。 )
I'll transfer your call.(我把电话给您接过去。 )
I'll get your party for you. (我把电话转给负责人。)
I'm transferring your call to the sales department.(我把您的电话接到营业部去。)
Mr. Peck is on line one.(是贝克打来的,请接1号线。 )
You have a call from Mr. Miller of ABC.(ABC公司米兰先生的电话。 )
Your party is on the line. (您要找的人来接电话了。)

●无法接电话时
Her line is busy now. 她正在接电话。
I'm sorry, she's tied up at the moment. (对不起,她现在脱不开身。 )
I'm sorry, she has company at this time. (对不起,她正在接待客人。 )
Would you like to hold? (您等会儿行吗?)
He's away from his desk now.(他现在不在座位上。 )
He's in but he's not at his desk right now. (他在公司,但现在不在座位上。)
I'm sorry, he's not in right now.(对不起,他出去了。 )
When is he coming back?(他什么时候能回来? )
He should be back in ten minutes. (他大概10分钟后回来。)
He should be back in the office next week. (他应该下个星期来上班。)
He's on vacation until next week. (他休假到下个星期。)
He called in sick today.(他打电话来说病了。 )
He's out of town now. (他现在出差去了。)
He's out to lunch now. (他现在吃午饭去了。 )
He's in a meeting right now. (他现在正在开会。)
He's off today. (他今天休息。)

●留言、接受留言
Could you call back later?(您能过会儿再打来吗?)
Please call me back in ten minutes. (请10分钟后再打。 )
May I take a message? (您要给他留言吗?)
I'll try again later.(过会儿我再打。 )
Can I leave a message?(能留个口信吗? )
I called but your line was busy.(我给你打电话了,可是占线。 )
Would you tell him that Lynn Kane called?(请告诉他林恩·凯恩给他打过电话。)
Please tell him to call me.(请转告他让他给我回个电话。)
How can he get a hold of you?(他怎么跟您联系呢? )
Your number, please? (请告诉我您的电话号码。)
My number is 1234-1234. (我的电话号码是1234-1234。 )
You can reach me at 1234-1234 until six o'clock.(请6点以前打1234-1234跟我联系。)
Let me repeat the number. That's 1234-1234.(我再确认一下电话号码,1234-1234,对吗?)
OK. I'll tell him that you called.(好的,我转告他您来电话了。 )
How do you spell your name?(您的名字怎么拼? )
Mr. Smith called you during the meeting.(您开会的时候史密斯先生给您来电话了。)
I'll have him call you back.(我让他给您回电话好了。 )
Shall I have him call you back?(是不是让他给您回电话呀? )

●挂断电话
Thanks for calling. (谢谢您打来电话。)
Please call again anytime. (请随时来电话。 )
I'd better get off the phone. (我得挂电话了。 )
I have to go now.(我得挂电话了。 )
I guess I'd better get going. (我该挂电话了。)
Nice talking to you. Bye. (能跟您通上话,我非常高兴,再见。)
Please hang up the phone. (请挂电话吧。 )
I was cut off.(电话断了。 )
She hung up on me. (我还没说完呢,她就把电话挂上了。 )
The phone went dead. (电话不通。 )
Thank you for returning my call.(谢谢你给我回电话。 )

●打错电话
I'm afraid you have the wrong number. (您好像打错电话了。)
What number are you calling?(您拨的电话号码是多少? )
Who would you like to talk to?(您找哪位呀? )
There's no one here by that name.(这儿没有您说的这个人。 )
There's no Bob Hope in this office.(我们公司没有叫鲍勃·霍普的。)
I'm sorry. I must have misdialed.(对不起,我好像打错了。)

●电话留言
This is Gary Mills calling. Please call me as soon as possible. (我是加里·米尔斯,请尽快跟我联络。)
(我是ABC公司的加里·米尔斯,请回来后给我回电话。我的电话号码是1234-1234。)
This is Gary Mills of ABC. Please call me when you get home. My number is 1234-1234.
This is a recording. (这是电话录音。)

●打电话遇到困难时
Please speak a little more slowly.(您能说慢一点儿吗?)
I can't hear you very well.(我听不清楚。 )
We have a bad connection.(电话线好像有毛病。)
Could you speak up, please?(您能再大点儿声吗? )
The lines are crossed. (串线了。 )
I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. (对不起,让您久等了。)
Thank you for waiting. (谢谢您等我。 )
You gave me the wrong number.(你给我的电话号码是错的。)

7 日期和时间
●询问时间
What's today's date?(今天几号? )
It's August thirteenth. (8月13日。 )
What day is it? (今天星期几?)
It's Thursday. (星期四。)
Do you have the time? (现在几点? )
It's almost noon. (快到中午了。)
It's one o'clock. (现在1点钟了。)
It's a quarter to two.( 1点45分。)
It's five after one.(1点5分。 )
The clock says 3∶15 (three fifteen).(指针正指到3点15分。)
It's a quarter after three.(3点15分。)
It's ten to two.(差10分2点。 )
It's nine thirty.(9点半。)

●有关时间
The clock is five minutes slow. (那只表慢5分钟。)
Well, time to go.(该走了。)
About when? (大约什么时候? )
About what time? (大约几点? )
How's the time? (还来得及吗? )
I have no time.(我没有时间。 )
You must wait for five more days.(你得再等5天。 )
What is taking so long?(怎么花那么长时间? )
I wasted a whole day.(白白浪费了一整天。)
Time has come. (到时间了。)
Time is money. (时间就是金钱。 )
I killed two hours watching TV. (我看了两个小时的电视以打发时间。)
Time is up.(没有时间了。 )
Do you have some free time?(你有空闲的时间吗? )
It's about time. (我看时间差不多了。)
Computers save us time.(电脑能帮我们省时间。)

第二章 使您交谈轻松愉快的短句
8 见面、分手时
●碰到友人
Hi! (嗨!你好!)
Hello. (你好! )
Good afternoon. (你好!/下午好! )
Good evening. (晚上好! )
How are you? (你好吗?)
Fine, thank you.(我很好,谢谢。 )
Not so good. (不怎么好。)
Nothing much.(老样子。 )
Glad to meet you.( 认识您我很高兴。)
What's up? (出什么事啦?)
How's your family? (你的家人怎么样?)
How's everything? (还好吧? )
How's business? (工作怎么样? )
Not bad. (还可以。)
How did it go today? (今天怎么样?)
Oh, same as usual.(和往常一样。)
What's the hurry? (急着干什么去呀?)
Where are you headed? (你去哪儿? )
What are you doing? (你干吗呢?)
I was just thinking.(我在想点事儿。)
I was just daydreaming. (我只是发了会儿呆。 )
I'm just killing time. (我只是在消磨时间。)
What's on your mind? (你想什么呢?)
Nothing. (没想什么。/没什么。 )
Another day, another dollar.(和往常一样。 )
You've come just in time.(你来的正是时候。)
There you are! (原来你在这儿啊!)
Is Jeff around? (杰夫在吗?)
Have you seen Scott? (你见到斯科特吗?)
I ran into him. (我偶然碰到了他。 )
Guess who I bumped into yesterday? (哎,你猜我昨天遇见谁了?)
He's a stranger to me. (我跟他素不相识。 )

●好久不见
It's been a long time. (好久不见。 )
It's been so long.(好久不见。 )
Long time no see. (好久没见了。)
How have you been? (还好吧?)
How have you been doing? (最近怎么样?)
What have you been doing? (忙什么呢?)
Where have you been? (你去哪儿了? )
I'm glad to see you again. (很高兴又见到你。)
You haven't changed at all.(你一点儿都没变。)
You haven't changed much. (你没怎么变。)
You've really changed. (你变样了。 )
You've grown up.(你长大了。 )
You've become so beautiful.(你越来越漂亮了。)
Is John okay? (约翰他好吗?)
You look great. (你看上去不错。)
How are you feeling? (你感觉怎么样?)
How's he getting along these days? (他这些日子过得怎么样?)
Are you gaining weight? (最近你是不是胖了?)

●分手时
Goodbye. (再见!)
Bye. (再见!)
See you.(回头见! )
I'm off now. (我去了啊。 )
I have to go. (我得告辞了。)
Good luck! (祝你好运!)
Have a nice day! (祝你愉快!)
Have a nice weekend.(祝你周末愉快! )
Good luck.(加油啊!祝你好运! )
Have fun! (祝你玩得愉快。)
Keep it up! (就这样,坚持下去。)
Don't work too hard.(别干得太猛。)
Have a nice trip.(旅途愉快! )
Have a good one! (那多保重! )
I hate to run, but...(真舍不得走,但是…… )
It was nice meeting you. (认识你我非常高兴。)
Please say hello to John (for me). (请代我向约翰问好。 )
Good night. (晚安! )
Come again. (再来啊!)
Don't forget to bring something back for me. (别忘了给我带点儿什么。)
Take it easy. (放松点儿!)
I hope to see you again soon. (希望不久能再见到你。)
Call me later. (给我打电话。)
Take care. (多保重! )
Take care of yourself. (你自己多保重!)
I'll be back. (我还会来的。)
It's getting late. (天不早了。)
I've got to go.(我得走了。 )

●暂时无法见面时
I'll miss you. (我会想你的。)
I wish I could go with you. (我真希望能和你在一起。)
Please give my regards to your family. (请代我向你的家人问好。)
You must come back. (你一定回来啊! )
Give me a call sometime.(有空给我打电话。 )
Let's get together again sometime.(我们什么时候再聚吧。 )
Please write me (a letter).( 请给我写信。)
I'll write you (a letter). (我会给你写信的。)
Let's keep in touch. (让我们保持联系。)
Don't forget to write. (别忘了写信。)

●拜访
Hello! Anyone home? (喂,有人吗?)
Please come in! (欢迎,请进!)
How nice of you to come! (你能来,太好啦。)
What do you want?(你有事吗? )
Please feel free to make yourself at home.(别客气,像在自己家一样。)
Have a seat. (请坐吧。)
Enjoy yourself!(您尽兴。 )
Would you care for something to drink?(您喝点什么吗? )
Don't mind me.(没关系。(不用担心我。) )
May I use your bathroom? (我可以用洗手间吗?)
Where's the bathroom?(洗手间在哪儿? )
May I use your phone?(可以借用一下您的电话吗? )
I'd better get going now.(我得告辞了。 )
Thank you for inviting me. (非常感谢您的盛情款待。 )
Drop by sometime. (有空再来串门吧。)
He came to see me himself.(他亲自来看我。 )
Do you mind if I smoke? (您介意我抽烟吗?)
I like your house. (您的房子真好。)
I really like your apartment.(我很喜欢你的公寓。 )
Watch your step.(小心脚下。 )
The floor is slippery. (地上很滑。 )
Please turn on the TV. (请打开电视。 )
Can I park my car here? (我可以把车停这儿吗? )

●介绍某人
Ms. Kane, this is Mr. Sato, my boss.(凯恩女士,这位是我的上司佐藤先生。)
Nice to meet you. (很高兴认识您。)
Nice to meet you, too. (彼此彼此。 )
May I have your name, please?(您贵姓? )
I'd like you to meet a friend of mine.(我给你介绍一下我的朋友。 )
He's a nice guy. (他是个好人。)
I'm glad to meet you. (见到您我很高兴。)
It's an honor for me to meet you. (能认识您我感到非常荣幸。)
Please call me...(请叫我…… )
Don't I know you from somewhere? (我们是不是在哪儿见过面?)
Remember?(想起来了吗? )
Oh, yeah, you're Mr. Smith!(啊!对了,你是史密斯先生。 )
I'm not sure. Maybe.(我不敢肯定,也许在哪儿见过。 )
No, I don't think so.(不,我想不是这样的。 )
This is the first time we have met.(这是我们第一次见面。 )
Is Bob an old friend of yours? (鲍勃是你的老朋友吗?)
I can't remember his name. (我想不起来他叫什么名字了。)
I leave it entirely to your kind consideration. (这事全拜托你了。)
I'm John Sheehan.(我叫约翰·希恩。 )

●和初次见面的人交谈
Where are you from?(您是哪里人? )
I'm from Canada. (我是加拿大人。 )
I come from Canada. (我从加拿大来。 )
How do you like Japan?(你觉得日本怎么样? )
I like it. (我很喜欢。)
It's a good place. (是个好地方。)
Where have you been in Japan? (你都去过日本的哪些地方? )
Where do you live now? (你现在住在哪儿? )
I live in Tokyo.(我住在东京。)
Are you here on vacation? (您是来度假的吗? )
I'm here on business.(我是来工作的。)
How long have you been in Japan? (您来日本多长时间了?)
About four months. (4个月左右。 )
Are you used to life in Japan? (你习惯日本的生活了吗?)
How long will you be in Japan? (你在日本呆到什么时候?)
Until December. (呆到12月。 )
Do you speak Japanese? (你说日语吗?)
A little.(只会一点儿。 )
I can't speak Japanese at all. (我一点儿都不会说。)
I know (everyday) conversational Japanese. (我会一点儿日常会话。)
Where did you learn Japanese? (你是在哪儿学的日语? )
At school. (在学校。)
I learned it on my own. (我自学的。 )
When's your birthday? (你什么时候过生日?)

●有关工作
Do you know his background? (你了解他的背景吗?)
I work for a computer company. (我在一家电脑公司工作。 )
I'm a government employee. (我是国家公务员。)
I'm self-employed. (我是个体经营者。)
Which department do you work for? (你在哪个部门工作?)
Sales. (搞销售的。 )
How long have you been doing that job?( 这个工作你做了多长时间了?)
For 10 years.( 10年了。 )
Where is your company?(你的公司在哪儿? )
In Shinjuku. (在新宿。 )
How long does it take (you) to commute? (上下班路上要花多长时间? )
About one hour.(1个小时左右。 )
How do you get to work?(你怎么去上班?)
I ride the subway.(我坐地铁。)
I'm changing jobs. (我正在调工作。)
I'm job hunting now.(我正在找工作。 )
I'm retiring next year. (我明年退休。 )
I'm out of work now. (我现在失业了。 )

●有关学校
Are you a student? (你是学生吗?)
I'm a college student. (我是个大学生。 )
I'm studying English. (我正在学习英文。 )
I went to Meiji University. (我毕业于明治大学。 )
Where did you go to college? (你上的哪所大学?)
What school do you go to?(你上什么学校? )
I go to...university. (我上……大学。 )
What year are you in?(你上几年级了? )
I'm a freshman. (我上一年级。)
I'll graduate next year.(我明年毕业。)
What's your major?(你的专业是什么? )
I'm an English major.(我的专业是英语。 )
What club are you in?(你参加哪个俱乐部? )
I'm in the ski club. (我在滑雪俱乐部。)
Do you have a part-time job? (你在打工吗?)
I work at a bookstore as a cashier once a week.(我一个星期去一次书店做收银员。)
What are your plans after graduation? (毕业以后你打算做什么?)

●有关家庭
How many people are in your family? (你家有几口人?)
Four people. (四口人。)
My parents and my younger sister. (父母和我的妹妹。 )
Any brothers or sisters? (你有兄弟姐妹吗?)
Just one brother. (只有一个哥哥(弟弟)。 )
Do you live with your parents? (你和父母住在一起吗? )
I live alone.(我一个人住。 )
I live in an apartment.( 我住在公寓里。 )
Are you married? (你结婚了吗?)
No, not yet. (不,还没有。)
I have a fiancé. (我有对象了。)
I'm going to get married next year. (我打算明年结婚。)
I'm married. (我结婚了。 )
I'm engaged. (我订婚了。 )
Any children? (有孩子吗?)
I have two boys. (我有两个男孩。)
I have one daughter in elementary school. (我有一个女儿,在上小学。)
I don't have any children.(我没有孩子。)

●有关兴趣和爱好
What are your hobbies? (你有什么爱好?)
Do you have any hobbies? (你有点什么爱好吗? )
What do you do when you have free time?(业余时间你都干什么?)
I like to watch movies.(我喜欢看电影。 )
What kind of movies do you like? (你喜欢看什么样的电影?)
You're a good pianist.(你的钢琴弹得真好。 )
What kind of sports do you like? (你喜欢哪种运动? )
How long have you been skiing? (你滑了多长时间雪了? )
I just like to watch.(我只是喜欢看。)
I'm a baseball fan.(我是棒球迷。)
I like to play golf. (我喜欢打高尔夫球。)
Have you ever done aerobics? (你练过健美操吗?)
What are your interests? (你对什么感兴趣?)
I've never done that.(我从没做过。)
Have you ever traveled abroad? (你去国外旅行过吗?)
Where have you been? (你去哪儿了? )
I've been to the U.S. and Germany. (我去美国和德国了。 )
Where do you want to go next? (下次你想去哪儿?)
●有关年龄、身高和体重
How old are you? (你多大了?)
I'm forty-eight. (我48岁。)
How much do you weigh?(你的体重是多少? )
About seventy-five kilograms. (75公斤左右。 )
I weigh a-hundred-sixty-four pounds.(我重164磅。 )
How tall are you?(你有多高? )
About one-hundred-eighty centimeters.(1米80左右。)
I'm five feet three inches tall.(我身高5英尺3寸。 )

●有关天气
It's very hot today, isn't it?( 今天真热呀! )
It's blistering hot.(天气炎热。 )
It's a fine day today.(今天的天气真好! )
What's the forecast for tomorrow? (明天的天气怎么样?)
How's the weather today? (今天的天气怎么样?)
Is it going to rain today?(今天会下雨吗?)
We're expecting some rain.(好像要下雨。 )
It's raining. (下雨了。)
It's going to rain today.(今天会下雨吧! )
It's hot today. (今天很热。)
It's warm today.(今天很暖和。 )
It's cold today. (今天很冷。)
It's chilly today.(今天冷嗖嗖的。)
It's windy today.(今天风很大。)
It's humid.(今天很闷热。)
It's dry.(气候干燥。 )
It's stormy.(暴风雨天气。)
It's snowing. (下雪了。)
It's gloomy.(天阴沉沉的。 )
It looks like we are going to have a thunder shower. (看样子我们会遇上雷阵雨。 )
A typhoon is coming. (台风快到了。)
It's foggy. (起雾了。)
It's freezing.(冷得像要结冰了。)
We're going to have a blizzard. (快要下暴风雨了。 )
It's pleasant.(这天真舒服。 )
It's mild today. (今天风和日丽。 )
It's misty. (雾蒙蒙的。 )
It's overcast today.(今天阴天。 )
It's miserable.(糟糕的天气。 )
I'm sensitive to heat. (我怕热。 )
It's breezy today.(今天风和日丽。 )
It's uncomfortable today.(今天的天气让人不舒服。)
The heat is killing me. (热死我了。 )
It's raining cats and dogs! (下了瓢泼大雨。 )
It's frosty today.(下霜了。 )

9 随意的谈话
●征求意见
Do you understand? (懂吗?)
Understood?懂了吗?
Is that clear? (清楚了吗?)
Get the picture? (你了解情况吗? )
Do you know what I mean? (你懂我说的意思吗?)
Are you listening to me?(你在听吗?)
Are you blind? (你不知道吗?)
You know what I'm talking about. (你明白我说的意思吧。 )
I said that, didn't I? (我是那样说的吧? )
Do you know that?(你知道那事吗? )
Do you happen to know...?(说不定你知道……吧? )
I can't tell the difference.(我辨别不出来。 )
Can you hear me? (你听得见吗?)
Did you hear me?(你听见我说的了吗? )

●同意
I understand. (知道了。)
See? 明白了吗?
I understand very well. (完全明白。)
I think I understand. (我想我懂了。 )
I see what you mean. (我明白你说的了。 )
I know that too well. (我太清楚那种事了。 )
I see your point. (我明白你的意思。)
I get it. (噢,我终于明白了。)
I got it. (这样啊,原来是这么回事。)
I know that much!(这点事儿我还是知道的。 )
That solves it. (原来是这样啊!)
All right, all right. I understand. (好吧,好吧,我知道了。)
I know. (我知道呀。)
I know that person.(我认识那个人。 )
I know him by sight. (我见过他。 )
Yeah, I heard about it.(嗯,我听说了。 )
I hear you. (我听着呢。/我知道了。)
I'm following you. (我理解了。 )
Makes sense. (言之有理。 )

●不明白、不知道
I don't understand.(我不明白。 )
I don't really understand.(我不太明白。 )
That's not clear. (我不清楚。 )
I can't see your point. (我不明白你在说什么。)
I can't understand what you mean.(我不明白你的意思。 )
I'm not sure what you mean. (我弄不清楚你想说什么。)
I don't know what's what. (我根本不知道这是怎么回事。 )
It's over my head. (太难了,我弄不懂。)
Your guess is as good as mine.(我也搞不清楚。 )
The more I think about it, the less I understand it. (越想越糊涂。 )
I don't know what he is driving at. (我不知道他要干什么。 )
What's she after? (她到底想干什么?)
I have no idea. (我一点儿都不知道。)
I didn't know that. (我怎么不知道。)
I don't know. (不知道。/不太清楚。)
I don't know for sure. (我不太清楚。)
No one knows for sure. (谁也不知道确切的情况。 )
How should I know? (我怎么会知道?)
Who knows? (谁能知道?)

●反问
Yes? (有事吗?)
What for?(为何? )
Pardon me? (您说什么?)
How about now? (现在怎么样? )
Excuse me?(对不起,你说什么? )
What?( 什么? )
Did you say anything? (你说什么来着? )
I'm sorry, what did you say? (对不起,你说什么来着? )
So what?( 那又怎么样呢? )
What does it mean?( 什么意思? )
Are you saying that...? (你是说……吗? )
Then what?(后来怎么样了? )
What's he driving at? (他到底想干吗? )
Would you repeat that, please? (您能再说一遍吗? _
You're speaking too quickly.(您说得太快了。)
Please say it more slowly.(请您再说慢一点儿。)
I can't keep up. (我跟不上您说的。 )
Please speak a little louder.(请再大一点儿声说。 )
I can't hear you.(我听不见。 )
I couldn't catch what you said. (我没听见你说什么。 )
What are you talking about?(你在说什么呢? )

●感想
Just like me!(就像我一样。 )
Was it good? (好吃吗?)
Did you have fun? (玩得高兴吗?)
How do you like this suit? (这套衣服怎么样?)
How did you like it? (你觉得怎么样?)
Did you like it?(你喜欢吗? )
What do you think of it? (你觉得那个怎么样? )
●询问、叙述情况
How'd things turn out? (结果怎么样?)
To make a long story short,... (长话短说…… )
Just tell me the story in a nutshell. (你就简明扼要地说吧。 )
Let me know the circumstances.(告诉我详细情况。)
A piece of cake.(轻而易举。 )
So far, so good. (到现在为止还好。)
So-so. (马马虎虎。)
That's about it. ((事情)就是这样。)
It was nothing.(没什么了不起的。)
There's nothing to it.(这很简单。 )
It worked!(啊,真灵! )
It needs work.(还需再加把劲。 )
Almost! (就差那么一点儿。)
Going from bad to worse. (越来越不好。 )
He made it big. (他一举成名。)
We're set. (问题解决了。)
●随声附和
I see. (我知道了。)
Uh-huh. (嗯,嗯。 )
You have?啊,(是吗? )
Is that right?(是那样吗? )
That's right. (是那样。 )
Exactly! (没错! )
Oh, yeah? (是吗? )
Is that so?(是吗? )
And? (然后呢? )
Me, too. (我也是。 )
Neither do I. (我也不…… )
Don't be silly. (别说傻话。)
That's too bad. (真是太倒霉了。)
Are you sure? (真的吗? )
What a shame! (真是太过分(遗憾)了! )
Good! (那好哇。)
What a surprise!(真叫人吃惊。 )
I hope not. (我真希望不是这样。 )
I hope so. (要是那样就好了! )
Great! (太棒了! )
Unbelievable! (难以置信!)
No kidding!(开玩笑吧! )
You bet.(行!没问题! )
●一时语塞
Well... 嗯……
Let me see. (让我想想。 )
I mean... (我的意思是…… )
It's on the tip of my tongue. (话就在嘴边上。)
What should I say... (说什么好呢? )
I don't know quite how to put this.(我真不知道该说什么好…… )
Beats me. (这可让你问着了。)
What do you call it? (叫什么来着? )
You've got me. (让你问住了。)
●催促别人说话
Say something. (你说点什么吧!)
Tell me more (about it).(我想知道得详细一些。)
How was your trip? (你的旅行怎么样?)
I'm all ears. (我在认真地听呢。)
How was the meeting? (会开得怎么样?)
I'm listening. (继续说呀。 )
I'd like to hear the story.(我很想听听那件事。)
We had small talk. (我们只是闲聊一会儿。 )
How was the movie? (电影怎么样?)
Did you enjoy the play? (那部戏有意思吗?)
I want to talk about it now.(我想现在就谈谈那件事。)
Shoot! (说吧,说吧。 )
Let's talk in English(.咱们说英语吧。 )
Let's have a chat. (咱们聊会儿天吧! )
To the point, please. (抓重点的说。 )
How was your day? (今天过得怎么样?)
●转换话题
Let's change the subject.(我们换个话题吧! )
Let's get back to the subject. (言归正传。)
I don't want to talk about it now.(我现在不想谈那件事。 )
Let's talk about it later. (那事儿以后再说吧。)
To change the subject...(另外我们说说…… )
Well, all joking aside,...(好了,玩笑就到此…… )
By the way,...(顺便提一下…… )
You were saying? (你刚才说什么来着? )
That reminds me.(啊,我想起来了。)
Let's stop talking.(别说了。 )
I've heard the story before. (那事儿我听过了。 )
Let's drop the subject. (这件事别再说了。 )
Don't say it so loud. (别那么大声说。)
●下决心
I've decided.(我已经决定了。 )
It's up to you. (一切都看你的了。 )
You decide. (你决定吧!)
This is the important point.(这是关键性的一点。
This is my personal problem. (这是我个人的问题。)
It's a matter of life and death. (这是生死攸关的大事。 )
You're free to go or stay.(是去是留,随你。 )
There's no turning back.(已经无可挽回了。)
Let's play it by ear. (走一步看一步吧!(到时候再说吧!) )
I'm sure I can do it. (我确信我能做好。)
I'm still unable to decide what to do.(我仍然无法决定我该做什么。)
I'll follow her.(我跟着她。 )
Let's all get together and act as one.(我们拧成一股绳地去干。 )
I have to do it anyhow.( 反正,也得干。 )
It's now or never. (机不可失,时不再来。)
The sooner, the better. (越早越好。)
I'll take a chance. (碰碰运气看。)
Have more guts! (再拿出点勇气来。 )
Let's finish it somehow. (我们总得想办法完成。)
It's worth a try. (值得一试。 )
We must function as one mind and one body.(我们必须同心同德。)
You just wait. (你等着瞧吧。 )
It's all or nothing. (豁出去了。 )
10 提醒、忠告
●教诲、告诫
John, apologize to her. (约翰,向她道歉。)
John, you listen to me! (约翰,你听我说!)
Watch out! Don't play with that thing. (危险,别淘气。)
Do it yourself.(自己的事情自己做。)
You should finish what you start. (你别半途而废。)
I'm ready to throw in the towel. (我认输了。)
It's your duty (to do that).(这是你(应尽)的责任。 )
Be good to others.(要善待他人。 )
You can't be too careful. (你要再三小心。)
Make up your mind after thinking it over carefully.(三思而后行。 )
I'm counting on you. (我全靠你了。 )
You'll see. (你终究会明白的。)
Calm down and think carefully. (冷静下来好好想想。)
That's the most important thing. (这是最重要的事情。)
Don't bite off more than you can chew. (人要有自知之明。 )
There isn't much merit in doing so.(这事做起来没有太大价值。 )
What you need is a little more effort. (你还得再加把劲儿。)
Respect yourself. (有点自尊心吧! )
I hope you'll be more positive overall.(我希望你事事要积极。)
That's easy for you to say. (你说得容易。)
There's no reason for complaints. (你发什么牢骚? )
It's written all over your face.(你脸上都写着呢呀! )
It's natural for me to get angry. (我当然会生气了。)
I'm telling you this from my experience. (我是根据我的经验才这样说的。)
Can't you think of it differently?(没其他不同的看法吗? )
Just think of it!(好好想想。 )
Don't trust it. (不要轻信。 )
I'm so gullible.(我是个容易上当的人。)
Don't underestimate him.(别小看他。 )
That's the name of the game. (那是最重要的呀! )
I can't make any exceptions for you. (我不能对你特殊。)
Use your head!(动动脑子。 )
You asked for it! (自作自受。 )
If the shoe fits, wear it. (如果批评得对,你就接受吧。)
●提醒
Let me give you a piece of advice.(我得提醒一句。 )
Watch out! (小心!)
Watch your step! (注意脚下。)
Hold on to me tight.(抓紧我。)
Watch out for him! (要提防着点儿他!)
There's a little catch. (这里有点儿蹊跷。 )
Think twice before you do it. (三思而后行。 )
Easy does it. (轻拿轻放。/动作轻点儿。 )
Please go easy on me. (手下留情。)
Let's not jump the gun(.别操之过急。 )
Let's not go overboard. (不要做得太过火。 )
Let's wait and see how things go. (我们看情况再说。)
Don't jump to conclusions! (别这么快地下结论。)
Don't be selfish. (别那么自私。)
Your work is always inconsistent. (你的工作表现总是不稳定。)
You shouldn't spend money foolishly.(你不该随便乱花钱。)
You have an attitude problem. (你的态度太恶劣了。)
Don't be so naughty. (别那么没有礼貌。 )
Hold it down!(请安静! )
Hush!(嘘!(安静!) )
It's too noisy.(太吵了。 )
Don't make a fool of yourself. (别丢人现眼了!)
Think about where you are.(分清场合。 )
Act your age.你也不看看你多大了。
Your view is too optimistic. (你想得也太天真了。)
You should get your head out of the clouds.(你的想法太不现实了。)
Don't make such stupid mistakes again! (不要重复这种愚蠢的错误。)
Don't be stuck-up. (别那么自命不凡。 )
Don't judge a book by its cover.(人不可貌相。)
Watch your tongue. (说话要留神。)
Follow the rules. (要遵守规则。)
Stop goofing off! (别偷懒! )
Do as I said!(照我说的做! )
Don't say bad things about others.(不要说别人的坏话。)
Don't go back on your word! (别食言。)
Don't take on more than you can. (做你能做的。 )
Don't be rude!(别那么粗鲁! )
You're fired!(你被开除了。 )
Be a man! (你得像个男子汉!)
Don't talk boastfully. (别自吹自擂。)
Please don't disappoint me. (请别让我失望。 )
Don't flirt with girls! (别挑逗女孩!)
Don't flirt with boys! (别挑逗男孩! )
Don't complain and do as you are told.(别抱怨,叫你怎么做,就怎么做。)
Make it snappy! (干脆点!(赶快!))
Step on it! (麻利点!/利索点! )
●责备
Don't blame me. (别把责任推给我。)
You're to blame. (这是你的过错。)
Put yourself in my shoes. (你站在我的立场上想想。)
Aren't you ashamed of yourself? (你就不觉得害臊吗? )
I'll give him a piece of my mind. (我要教训他一顿。 )
Don't involve me!(别把我卷进去。 )
I told you so.(我早说过了吧。 )
You knew that, didn't you?(你知道的吧? )
It is as if I had done something wrong. (好像是我做错了什么事似的。)
He chickened out at the last moment. (他在最后关头胆怯了。 )
Don't take it out on me. (别冲我发火。)
Pay up! (还我钱!)
You'll pay for this. (我会找你算帐的。 )
You're out of your mind! (你疯了! )
You shouldn't say things like that.(你怎么这么说? )
It's for your own good! (这可全为了你!)
Why are you picking on me? (你干吗老挑我的刺儿?)
He always finds fault with my work.(他对我的工作总是鸡蛋里挑骨头。)
●制止
Hold it! (停! )
Wait!(等等! )
Uh-uh-uh! (别动!别动! )
Don't do that!(别干那事! )
Why are you doing that? (你干吗要干那种事?)
Please line up!(请排队! )
Don't cut in line! (别夹塞儿!)
Don't push!(别推呀!)
Don't call me names! (别张口就骂人。)
Don't be a blabber mouth! (别多嘴多舌的。 )
Keep it out of sight. (要做得不露痕迹。)
Stay away from me. (离我远点儿。)
No funny stuff! (不许耍花样! )
Stay out of this!(别介入那件事! )
Don't ruin it. (别给弄砸了。)
Stop fighting. (别打架!)
●警告
Freeze! (别动! )
Duck!(蹲下! )
Hands up!(举起手来! )
Don't move!(不许动! )
You listen to me!(照我说的去做! )
Get down! (趴下! )
Halt!(站住! )
Stay where you are! (呆在那儿! )
Move on!(往前走! )
On your knees! (跪下! )
Let go of me! (放手! )
Run for your lives!(快逃吧! )
Stop him! (截住他! )
Can it! (闭嘴! )
Stand back! (后退! )
Cut it out!(算了吧! )
You're under arrest. (你被逮捕了。 )
Spread'em! (手脚分开。 )
Heads up!(小心!(危险! ))
Drop it! (放下! )
Get your hands off! (拿开你的手! )
Stay down! (趴下! )
Get lost! (快溜走吧! )
Get out of here!( 滚出去。)
Back off! (闪开! )

11 内心表白
●道谢
Thank you. (谢谢!)
Thanks. (多谢! )
Thank you very much.(非常感谢! )
Much appreciated. Thank you. (真是非常感谢。 )
Thanks for your kindness.(谢谢您的好意。)
I appreciate your kindness. (非常感谢你的关怀。)
I can't thank you enough. (我无法表达对您的感谢。)
I can hardly thank you enough for your kindness. (真不知如何感谢你的关心。)
You've been very helpful.(你帮我大忙了。)
Thank you for the help. (谢谢你的帮助。)
Thanks for your time. (耽误您时间,实在对不起。)
Thanks for everything.(感谢您为我做的一切。 )
Thank you anyway. (不管怎么都要谢谢您。)
How nice! (哦!那太好了。)
I owe you one.(我欠你的情。)
Thanks a lot for your present.(谢谢你送给我的礼物。)
Thanks for saying so. (您能这样说,我非常感谢。)
Thanks for telling me. (谢谢你告诉我。)
Thanks for waiting for me.(非常感谢你等着我。 )
Thanks for asking me out. (谢谢你约我出来。)
Thanks for cheering me up.( 谢谢你鼓励我。 )
You saved my life.(你救了我一命。 )
Thanks for warning me.(谢谢你对我的忠告。)
Thanks for coming all the way over here. (谢谢你不远万里专程跑一趟。 )
Thank you for your letter. It was very kind of you. (谢谢你的来信,你对我太好了。)
●还礼
You're welcome. (不客气。)
Don't mention it. 不必客气。
I'm glad I could help. (能帮助您,我非常高兴。)
●道歉
I'm sorry.(对不起。 )
Whoops, excuse me. (啊!对不起。)
Excuse me. (对不起,请原谅。 )
I'm awfully sorry.(真的非常抱歉。 )
I'm sorry about that. (那件事真对不起。 )
It's my fault. (这是我的疏忽。)
Oops. My mistake. (哎呀,我弄错了。 )
I feel bad about it.(那事我觉得很抱歉。)
I'm sorry I couldn't come. (真抱歉,我不能来。)
I'm sorry about the other day. (前几天真是很抱歉。)
Please forgive my rudeness. (请您原谅我的失礼。)
I don't know how to apologize to you. (我不知该怎样向您道歉。 )
I didn't mean that.(我并没有那个意思。)
I'm sorry to trouble you. (真对不起,给您添麻烦了。)
I'm really sorry for troubling you. (实在对不起,让您费心了。)
I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. (抱歉,让您久等了。)
I wish I could...(我希望……可是…… )
●对道歉的回答
That's all right. (没事儿。/别放在心里!)
Please be more careful next time.(下次要多加小心。 )
●关心对方
Let me get your coat for you. (我帮您收大衣吧。)
Make yourself at home.(别拘束,像在自己家一样吧。)
Excuse me. (很抱歉…… )
Do you have a minute?(现在您有空吗? )
Can I talk to you for a minute? (我能跟您说几句话吗?)
After you. (您先请。)
Can I give you a hand? (我帮您一把吧!)
Excuse me. (对不起,我过一下。)
I'll accept your offer. (我接受你的建议。/就照你说的。)
Sorry to interrupt you. (对不起,打断一下。)
Sorry for the short notice. (真抱歉,这么突然。)
●表扬
Great! (太棒了!)
John is incredible!(约翰你真够出色的! )
Good job! (真不错!)
Way to go!(干得真好! )
Well done, son! (儿子,你真棒!)
Congratulations! (恭喜了!)
You were great! (你真了不起!)
Good for you. (恭喜你。/干得不错。/真是件好事。 )
Good boy. (真是好孩子。)
What a nice dress! (多漂亮的裙子呀! )
I like your shirt.(我真喜欢你的衬衫。 )
That's a great tie. (你的领带真漂亮。)
You have a nice car. (你有辆好车呀!)
Where did you buy it? (在哪儿买的? )
I bought it at the K store. (是在K店买的。 )
It was on sale. (在特别降价的时候。 )
You look nice.(你看上去真好/真帅。 )
It looks nice on you. (对你正合适。)
All the credit goes to you. (这得归功于您呀!)
Brilliant! (非常出色!)
What a man! (真是个男子汉!)
Wow, you're on a winning streak. (真不愧是你,干得好! )
You have a cute son. (你的儿子真可爱。)
You look young for your age. (您看上去很年轻。)
I appreciate your effort very much.(我非常感谢您为此所做出的努力。)
I envy you. (真羡慕你。)
He thinks highly of you.(他对你的评价很高。 )
I need a boss I can look up to.(我需要一个值得我尊敬的老板。 )
He's got guts.(他真有勇气。 )

第三章 促进相互理解的短句
12 商 谈
●赞成
I agree.( 赞成。)
I think so, too. (我也这样认为。)
Anything you say! (好哇!)
No objection! (没有异议。)
I don't have any objection to it. (我不反对。)
That's fine with me.(我觉得那样很好。 )
Fine. (很好!)
That's fair. (那就行了。)
You can say that again. (我也有同样感觉。)
Sounds like fun. (好像挺有意思。)
You bet. (当然!/一定!)
Are you for or against his idea? (你是反对还是赞成他的主意? )
Good. (好!)
Great! (太棒了!)
Good idea. (好主意。)
What you say is partly right. (你说的有一部分是对的。)
●反对
I don't agree. (我反对。)
I can't agree. (我不能同意。)
I doubt it. (我怀疑。)
Objection! (我反对。)
That's not what you said.(你不是这么说的。 )
I can't buy that! (我无法相信。)
Bad idea. (馊主意。)
No good. (那可不好哦!)
Let's not. (算了吧!)
That's impossible. (那怎么可能。)
That's absolute nonsense. (那完全是胡说八道。)
It won't work. 行不通。
Not always. (不总是这样。)
Not really.(不是那样。)
●肯定
Yes, I am. (对,是我。)
Yeah. (嗯。)
I think so. (我想是吧。)
Right. (是的。/对。 )
Absolutely! (一点儿没错!)
In a word, yes. (一句话,是。)
You're perfectly correct.完全和你说的一样。
In a sense he's right. (在某种意义上,他是对的。 )
That's it! (啊,对啦!)
You got it. (正是!)
Your answer is to the point. (你说到点子上了。)
I bet.(应该是吧。 )
Why not?( ①那好吧,拜托您了!/那谢谢了。②为什么不行?)
Bingo!(对啰! )
Hear, hear! (说得对!说得对!)
Yes, sir.( 是,先生。 Yes, ma'am. 对女性。)
No doubt. (确实是这样。)
Fair enough. (当然可以。)
I'm afraid so. (恐怕就是这样了。)
Your opinion is reasonable. (你的意见有道理。)
If you say so.(如果你说是的话,那就是吧。 )
Yeah, as far as I know.(据我所知,是的。 )
I'm going to.(我这就做。 )
●否定
No, I'm not. (不,没有。)
Wrong. (不对。)
That's not right. (那是不对的。 )
Your idea is fundamentally wrong. (你的想法根本上就是错误的。)
That's not what I mean. (我不是那个意思。)
Certainly not. (哪儿有的事儿。/当然不是。)
No, never. (没有,从没去过。)
No, not a bit.(不,一点儿都不。)
No way! (肯定不对! )
How can that be? (怎么可能呢?)
We don't agree on this point. (在这一点上我们意见分歧。)
I'm not talking about that. (我没说那个。)
Uh-uh. (这个嘛……)
That won't do. (那样不行。 )
He won't do. (他呀,不行。 )
That makes no sense. (那也太没道理了。)
Not me. (不是我。)
I deny that. (我否认。)
●含糊其辞的回答
Maybe. (也许吧。)
Not exactly. (不完全。 )
I guess so. (可能是吧!)
It might be true. (也许是真的吧。)
It could be. (可能会吧。 )
I'm not sure. (我不太清楚。)
I hope you're right. (但愿是这样。)
Sort of.(有那么点儿。 )
It's something like that.(差不多吧! )
It depends. (那得看情况。)
Maybe yes, maybe no.( 也许是,也许不是。)
Hopefully. (但愿能去。)
There's no guarantee. (不能保证。)
I think so. (我想是的。)
I can't say. (我说不好。)
Yes and no. (也是也不是。)
Half and half. (喜忧参半。/一半一半。)
I'll try. (我会试试。)
It's difficult to say. (怎么说呢。)
Could be better. (还可以更好点。)
He gave me an ambiguous answer. (他给我的回答很含糊。)
●保留意见
Let me think about it. (让我想想。)
I need some time to think it over.(请给我点儿时间考虑。 )
I'll consider it. (我会考虑的。)
I'll think about it. (我考虑考虑吧。)
I'll think it over. (我得琢磨琢磨。)
Let me sleep on it. (请给我一个晚上的时间考虑。)
I'll see what I can do. (我得研究研究。)
●提出、询问意见
How about you? (你呢? )
What do you think?( 你觉得呢? )
What's your opinion?(你的意见呢? )
What's your suggestion?(你的建议呢? )
What else?(还有别的吗? )
Any question will do. (什么问题都可以。)
What do you recommend?(你有什么建议吗? )
Don't you think so?(你不这样认为吗? )
Do you agree? (你同意吗? )
Give me a definite answer. (给我一个明确的答复。)
Is it “yes” or “no”?(“是”还是“不是”? )
It doesn't answer my question.(这可不算答复。)
You don't stand a chance. (你没有希望赢。)
It's the last straw. (我已经忍无可忍了。)
Let me hear your candid opinion. (让我听听您的直言。)
Can you think of anything better?(你有什么更好的主意吗? )
Any complaints? (有什么不满意的吗?)
What is your complaint?(你不满意什么? )
I'm fairly broad-minded. (我是个有气量的人。)
That kind of chance comes once in a blue moon. (这是一个难得的机会。)
In my opinion...(照我的想法…… )
What I meant was...(我的意思是……)
I think so. (我想是的。)
I don't think so. (我想不是。 )
I think it is a matter of opinion.(我认为这要看个人的看法。 )
It's not important. (那并不重要。)
That's a good idea. (那是个好主意。)
That's not true. (那是胡说。)
That's right! (对了/没错! )
I can't afford it. (我可负担不起。 )
It's worth a look. (值得一看。)
You see... (这不,你看…… )
Let's get this straight. (我可跟你说清楚。 )
I would not do that. (我是不会做那种事儿的。)
You ain't seen nothing yet. (还有更厉害的呢。 )
Let's leave well enough alone. (不要画蛇添足了。)
It must be my imagination. (肯定是我的幻觉。)
In the long run,...(从长远来看…… )
●叙述、询问理由
Why? (为什么?)
How come? (为什么?)
What makes you think that? (你怎么会那么想呢?)
Tell me why.(告诉我为什么。 )
How did it happen? (是怎么发生的? )
What are you doing this for? (你干吗要去做这种事呢? )
Why did you do that? (你为什么干那样的事呢?)
What causes it? (是什么原因?)
Explain it to me.(请给我解释一下。)
Why not? (为什么不行? )
What are you so happy about? (你怎么那么高兴?)
What for?(为了什么? )
For who?(为了谁? )
What's the purpose of your visit?(你旅行的目的是什么? )
No reason not to. (没有理由不让做吧。)
Why are you here? (你怎么在这儿? )
I'll tell you why...(我告诉你为什么…… )
In brief, it's like this. (总之,是这么回事儿。)
It started like this... (它的由来是这样的……)
That's why!(原来如此! )
That's why...(所以…… )
●指出错误
I think you're mistaken.(我觉得你错了。 )
You're wrong.(你错了。)
Whose fault is that?(那是谁的错呀? )
I think it's sour grapes. (吃不着葡萄就说葡萄是酸的(还嘴硬!) )
That's up to you. (那就随便你。)
That's not the point. (你没说到点儿上。)
Excuse me. That's mine. (对不起,那是我的。 )

13 提出要求
●请求帮助
Do you mind if I ask you a favor? (我可以请您帮个忙吗?)
Would you give me a hand?(能帮把手吗? )
I'm sorry to bother you,...(对不起……)
I'll be glad to.(乐意为您效劳。 )
Could I possibly...?(我可不可以……/可不可以让我……)
If you'd like,... (如果可以的话,…… )
Could you pass the sugar, please? (请您把糖拿过来行吗?)
Here you are. (给。)
Please do this. (请做这个。)
Would you drive me to the store?(您能开车送我到那家店吗? )
Would you help me find the number for the ABC Hotel? (您能帮我找到ABC饭店的电话号码吗?)
I don't know how to fill out this form.(我不知道怎么填这张表。 )
Tell me why.(告诉我为什么? )
May I borrow your pen? (能借用一下你的钢笔吗? )
Do you have a pen?(有笔吗? )
Can you lend me ten dollars? (能借给我10美元吗? )
Would you give me a call?(你能给我打个电话吗? )
I'd appreciate it if you could call me tonight. (你今天晚上如果能给我打个电话的话,我将非常感激。
Please turn it down. (请关小点儿声。 )
Wait here until I get back.(等我回来。 )
Excuse me. (劳驾。)
Hello, there!(喂,你! )
Hey!( 喂! )
Do you have time? (你有空吗?)
Can I ask you a favor? (我想求你件事行吗?)
May I ask you something? (我想打听点儿事。)
Sorry for interrupting. (对不起,打断一下可以吗? )
Guess what? (你猜怎么着?)
Sorry, I mistook you for someone else. (对不起,我认错人了。)
May I use your phone? (我能用一下您的电话吗?)
●教导
How should I do it?(我该怎么做呢? )
This is the way you should do it. (你该这么做。)
It'll do the trick.(这样的话就会很顺利。)
This looks better.(这样看上去好一些。)
I'll do it my own way. (我用我自己的办法。)
Like this? (像这样?)
Like what? (像什么?)
It's easy.(很简单。 )
Just like that!(简单得不得了。 )
It's a little hard.(有点儿难哦。 )
It's complicated.(很复杂哦。 )
This is the first thing to do.(首先应该做这个。 )
You dropped this. (你掉了这个。)
I think you dropped this.(我想这是你丢的吧! )
Is this yours?(这是你的吗? )
Isn't this yours?(这不是你的吗? )
It's mine.(是我的。)
I've lost my wallet. (我的钱包丢了。)
I'm in trouble!(这下可麻烦了。。。)
●提议
May I help? (要我帮忙吗?/要我帮你拿吗?)
Think twice before you decide. (决定之前再好好考虑考虑。 )
How about this one? (这个怎么样?)
I want to make a suggestion.(我提个建议。 )
Let's take a short cut. (我们走近道吧! )
Let's play hooky!(咱们逃学吧!)
Let's call in sick. (我们打电话请个病假吧! )
Let's play cards! (玩扑克吧! )
I have an idea. (我有个主意。)
Tell you what. (这样怎么样? )
Let me think for a moment. (让我考虑一下。 )
Just think about it. (你好好想想看。)
You should get a haircut.(你该剪剪你的头发了。)
Won't you join us? (你也一起来吧? )
What do you suggest?(你有什么建议吗? )
Wanna make a bet? (打赌?)
I suggest you take a taxi.(我建议你坐出租车去。 )
●接受请求和建议
Yes? (有事吗? )
Can I help you? (有事吗?)
Sure. What is it? (可以,什么事? )
Any problems?(有什么问题吗? )
What's the matter? (怎么了?)
Of course. (当然。)
No problem. (没问题/没关系。)
Whose idea is it? (这是谁的主意? )
Yes, thank you. (好的,谢谢。)
Yes, please. (是的,拜托您。)
Go ahead. (您请。)
After you. (您先请。)
My pleasure.这是我的荣幸。
Why not? (当然。)
No, not at all. (没关系。)
I will. (这就做。)
Got it! (明白。)
Say no more. (不用多说了。 )
Make yourself at home.(就像在自己家里一样。 )
I'd be happy to help you. (很高兴为您效劳。)
Certainly. (遵命。)
Whatever you say. (照您说的做。)
Anything for you. (为你做什么都行。)
I'll take care of it.(交给我吧! )
Count me in. (算我一个。)
I'll do the rest.(剩下的就交给我! )
Deal. (就这么着,说好了。 )
I'll do it no matter what. (不管发生什么,我也要这样做。)
It's quite easy. (这相当简单。)
It's nothing.(那算不了什么。 )
That would be great. (那太好了。)
Would you? (行吗?)
You're on! (好吧!)
If you don't mind. (如果不给您添麻烦的话。)
Anytime. (随时为您效劳。 )
Anything. (什么都行。)
Let's do it! (那,我们做吧。 )
Your wish is my command.(满足你的希望。)
That will do.(那个可以。 )
Anything'll do. (什么都可以。)
Anywhere'll do. (哪儿都行。 )
That'll be enough.(足够了。 )
What's it about?(什么事? )
May I have your phone number? (能告诉我您的电话号码吗? )
●拒绝请求和建议
I wish I could, but... (我希望可以,但是……)
I won't. (我不愿意。)
No, thank you. (不,谢谢。)
I don't think so. (我想不行。)
I don't want it. (我不要。)
I really don't want it.(真的不要。 )
I'm sorry I can't help you.(真抱歉,我不能帮助你。 )
I'm against his proposal.(我反对他的建议。)
I wish I could help you, but I can't.(我很乐意,可我帮不了你。 )
I can't do anything about it. (那事我使不上劲。)
I can't make that happen.(我无法满足你的愿望。 )
I'm not in the mood. (我没那份心情。)
I'm afraid I've got urgent business now. (很遗憾,我现在有件急事。)
I have other business to take care of.(我有别的事。 )
I'm sorry, but I'm busy just now.(对不起,我现在正忙着呢。 )
I'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry.(对不起,我有急事。)
Not right now. (现在不行。 )
Count me out. (我就算了吧。)
I'd rather not.(如果可以的话,最好不…… )
Enough. (够了,够了。)
I've had enough.(已经足够了。 )
Unfortunately, it's not convenient for me today.(很遗憾,今天我不太方便。)
That's beside the point.(没说到点儿上。/离题万里。 )
●请求同意
Is it all right if...?(做……可以吗? )
May I come in? (我可以进来吗?)
May I sit here?(我可以坐这儿吗? )
May I play catch here? (我可以在这儿玩球吗?)
Do you mind if I smoke? (我可以抽烟吗?)
Am I allowed to take pictures here? (这儿可以拍照吗?)
Let me see it. (让我看看。)
May I use your phone? (我可以借用您的电话吗?)
May I use the bathroom?我可以借用您的卫生间吗?
Can I park my car there? (我可以把车停在那儿吗?)
May I take a look?(我可以看一眼吗? )
You mean any place?(哪儿都可以吗? )
●同意、不同意
Go ahead.(行。 )
It's up to you.(随你吧。 )
Sure. (可以。)
I'm game! (行啊!)
If that's all right with you. (如果你不介意的话。)
If it's all right with you,…(如果方便的话…… )
Yes, please do. (可以,您请坐。)
You may go home now, John. (约翰,你可以回家了。 )
I'm afraid not. (很遗憾,恐怕不行。 )
I'd rather you didn't. (最好不要。 )
Not on your life! (不行!)
Over my dead body!(绝不允许!)
Nope! (不!不行! )
Not yet. (还没有。)
Not now. (现在不行。)
Not here.(这里不行。 )
You may not eat here. (你不能在这儿吃东西。)
●引起注意
Take a look!(看! )
Listen! (听好喽! )
Don't ignore me.( 别不理我。)
Look here! (看这儿! )
Look at that! (看那儿!)
Come, look! (快来看呀! )
Look at me!(看我! )
I heard something. (我听见有声音。)
I'll go and take a look right away. (我这就去看看。)
It's your turn. (该你了。)

14 商 量
●吐露秘密
As a matter of fact, ...(说实话…… )
Don't tell anyone. (别告诉任何人。)
I have a confession. (我有件事要坦白。 )
I have a secret.(我有一个秘密。 )
I'll fill you in. (我把一切告诉你。)
I'll level with you.(我就直说吧。 )
That is about all I know.(我知道的大概就是这些。 )
This is just between you and me. (我们关起门来在这儿说。/咱们俩私下里说。)
It's a secret. (这是一个秘密。)
Let me tell you a secret. (我告诉你一个秘密。 )
He can't keep a secret. (他不能保守秘密。 )
You've got a big mouth! (你的嘴不严。)
I don't have the guts to say that to my boss. (我不敢对我的老板说。 )
A little bird told me. (听小道消息说。 )
I didn't say anything. (我什么都没说。 )
It was a slip of the tongue. (无意中说漏了嘴。)
I won't say a word.(我一个字都不说出去。 )
●约定
I promise.(我保证。)
I can't promise.(我不能保证。 )
Will do.一定。
I swear. (我发誓。)
Trust me.(请相信我。 )
A promise is a promise!(说到就得做到。 )

15 各种各样的问题
What's that smell? (这是什么味儿?)
What's that noise? (什么声音?)
What is this line for? (这是排什么的队?)
What are you up to? (打什么鬼主意呢?(你忙什么呢?) )
May I ask you a question? (我可以问一个问题吗?)
What does “drowsy” mean? (“drowsy”是什么意思?)
What's this? (这是什么?)
What's that? (那是什么?)
Who does this belong to?(这是谁的? )
Which one?(哪一个? )
What's it called? (这叫什么?)
What did you get for me? (是什么礼物?)
Where are you headed? (去哪儿?)
For example?(比如说? )
How often? (隔多长时间? )
What does USA stand for? (U.S.A.是什么的缩写?)
How long? (多长? )
How early?(多早? )
When does summer break start? (暑假什么时候开始?)
When was the opening ceremony? (开学典礼是哪天?)
Do you know the meaning of this word?( 你知道这个生词的意思吗? )
How do you pronounce this word? (这个词怎么发音?)
What's the difference between A and B? (A和B之间有什么区别?)

第四章 表现感情的短句
16 高 兴 时
●欣喜
I'm happy. (我很高兴/幸福。)
I'm so happy.(我高兴极了。 )
Yahoo! (呀嗬! )
Oh, boy! (哇!/太棒了!/好家伙! )
Wow! (哇!/呀!/棒极了! )
Yeah! (哇!/棒极了! )
Whoopee! (哈哈!/太棒了! )
I'm glad to hear it.(听到这消息我很高兴。 )
I'm glad that...(谢天谢地…… )
I feel like a million dollars. (感觉好极了。 )
I've never been this happy.(我从没有这么高兴过。 )
That's good news. (真是个好消息。)
What fun! (那太棒了!/太好了! )
I feel great! (舒服极了。)
I'm in a good mood today.(我今天的心情很好。)
I'm looking forward to this summer.(我期待着今年的夏天。 )
You look happy today.(今天你看上去很高兴啊! )
I'm walking on air. (高兴得飘飘欲仙。 )
I jumped for joy. (我高兴得跳了起来。 )
This is too good to be true. (这简直让人不敢相信。)
Nothing could be more wonderful.(没有比这更让人高兴的了。 )
You made me happy.(你使我感觉到了幸福。)
I made it! (成功了! )
You did it!你(干得不错! )
Lucky! (真运气! )
I lucked out today. (今天的运气真好。 )
It's your lucky day. (你真走运。)
Thank heavens! (感谢上帝!/谢天谢地。)
I hit the jackpot!( 我中头彩了! )
I was just lucky. (只是运气好。 )
It's a dream come true! (美梦成真! )
Talk about luck.(真幸运呀! )
This is it! (就这个吧!)
It's settled!(就这么定了。 )
Sounds great! (听起来不错! )
Looks great! (真不错。)
●放心
What a relief!(啊!可以松口气了! )
I'm surprised! (吓我一跳!)
Whew! (好了!这下放心了!/唷-!(吹口哨的声音。)
Aah!(啊! )
I felt relieved to hear that. (听这么一说,我就放心了。 )
Here we are at last. (终于到了。 )
Good riddance. (可算摆脱了。 )

17 生 气 时
●不满和牢骚时
Oh, heck! (啊呸!真见鬼! )
Shucks! (什么! )
Shoot! (真见鬼! )
Shit! (他妈的! )
Uh-oh. (啊!糟了! )
Not everything is logical.( 有的事是行不通的。 )
It went down the drain. ((金钱)全都浪费了。 )
I almost made it. (就差那么一点儿。)
Do something!(想点儿办法吧! )
I'm so busy.(我忙得要命。 )
This task is too much for me. (这项工作对我来说太重了。)
I can't make ends meet on my small salary.(这么点儿薪水我怎么够活呀!)
This is the last straw. (我再也忍不下去了。 )
Your response is unacceptable. (你的答复我接受不了。)
I'm not satisfied with his answer. (我不满意他的回答。 )
He's got a chip on his shoulder today. (他今天一副挑衅的样子。 )
Play fair!(公平点儿! )
What a waste of time and money!(多费时费钱呀! )
You're too generous. (你太慷慨了。 )
He told me all about it.(他把一切都告诉了我。 )
What's taking so long?(怎么花这么长时间? )
I can't make it in ten minutes.(10分钟怎么也来不及。 )
He looks down on me.(他看不起我。)
You're good for nothing. (你什么忙也帮不了。)
It drives me crazy.(简直快让我疯了。 )
Is that all? (就这些吗?)
That's not enough. (这太少了。/这不够。 )
He's unfair to me. (他对我不公平。 )
●发怒
No more excuses!(别再辩解了! )
I've heard enough of your excuses. (我不想再听你的辩解了。)
I don't want to hear any excuses.(我不想听任何解释。)
That's not a good excuse.(这样也解释不通呀。 )
What's the big idea? (你到底在想什么呢? )
Don't give me any lip service! (别给我开空头支票。)
Don't tell me what to do!(你少命令我! )
I'm mad!(气疯了我了! )
That's disgusting. (那真讨厌! )
You're getting on my nerves.(你真让我心烦。)
Don't make fun of me. (别取笑我!)
Don't be upset. (请别上火。 )
I've run out of patience.(我再也没耐心了。 )
What nerve! (你放肆! )
How impudent you are to say such a thing! (你竟有脸说这种事! )
What he says offends me. (他说的话多气人呀。)
We've got to get even. (我们得反击。 )
I wasn't born yesterday. (我又不是不懂。)
Don't think you can make a fool out of me! (别把我当傻瓜。 )
You're making fun of me. (你拿我开涮呢。)
That's asking too much. (真是狮子大开口。)
He has a quick temper.(他是急脾气。)
Who do you think you're talking to? (你知道你是在对谁说话吗? )
Do you have anything to say?(你有什么要说的吗? )
I won't let you have your own way.(我不能让你随心所欲。)
That's blackmail!(这是恐吓。 )
Don't insult me.(你别侮辱人。 )
You're a filthy liar. (你是一个卑鄙的骗子。)
You'll be sorry. (你会后悔的。)
Are you crazy?(你疯啦? )
Don't look at me like that! (别用那种眼神看着我!)
I want to get even with him.(我要报复。 )
That sneaky, low life creep! (那个狡猾、卑鄙的家伙。 )
Is not! ? Is too! ((根本)不是!?是的! )
Have it your way!(随便吧! )
●厌烦
It's boring.(真无聊! )
Dull.(真没意思!)
It's for the birds. (毫无价值!/不值一提! )
I'm not interested.(我不感兴趣。)
It's nothing great. (没什么了不起的。)
I'm not satisfied.(我不满意。 )
It was just another meeting. (就是常见的那种会议。 )
I can't get into my work. (我不能专心工作。 )
It's outdated.(那早过时了。)
Give me a break(.拜托! )
I can't stand it. (我忍受不了。 )
That's enough. (够了! )
Have a heart!(饶了我吧! )
The more I hear about it, the more disgusted I get. (越听越烦。 )
There she goes again. (她又来了。 )
Oh, man!(哦,真烦。 )
I don't want to hear it.(我不想听。 )
Now what? (这次又是什么?)
●驳斥
Shut up!( 闭嘴! )
Don't be a back seat driver.(别指手划脚! )
Stop shouting!(别大声嚷嚷! )
Stop complaining! (别抱怨了!)
Calm down, will you? (安静点,行不行?)
Stop nagging! (唠叨什么呀! )
Get off my back. (别再啰嗦了!)
Don't talk back to me! (别跟我顶嘴!)
Big mouth! (多嘴! )
Leave me alone! (离我远点儿!)
None of your business. (没你的事! )
Who asked you? (谁问你了?)
I can't talk to you now.(现在不能跟你说。 )
I don't need your help.(我不需要你的帮助。 )
Get out of here! (给我出去!)
Get out of my face! (别让我看见你!)
Back off! (躲开! )
Don't bother me!(别打扰我! )
Are you trying to get rid of me? (你想把我轰走吗? )
●责备
Liar! (骗子!)
That's a lie! (那是瞎说!)
Don't lie to me.(别骗我。 )
Stop joking! (别开玩笑!)
I've had enough of your nonsense. (你开玩笑也该适可而止!)
Stop putting us on. (别捉弄人。)
Don't act stupid! (别干那种傻事!)
Don't be silly!(别说傻话! )
That's stupid. (那也太蠢了!)
Don't pull my leg! (别逗了!)
Take it back! (收回你说过的话。 )
I don't want to hear any more of your lies.(我不想再听你说的谎话。 )
Did you make up a story? (你在编故事吗?)
Phony! (搞什么鬼! )
Don't play dumb! (别装傻!)
You tricked me. (你在骗我呢吧!)
None of your tricks will work on me. (你骗人的把戏可蒙不了我。)
●吵骂
(You) coward!(胆小鬼!)
Nobody's perfect! (人无完人! )
Stingy.(小气鬼。 )
Fuck you! (你这混蛋! )
You asshole! (饭桶! )
Christ! (混帐!/天哪! )
You beast! (你这畜牲! )
You tomboy!( 野丫头! )
You sly dog! (滑头的家伙! )
Fag!(同性恋! )
Hey, ugly!( 丑八怪! )
Fatso!(肥猪! )
Shorty!(矬子! )
What an ungrateful man! (忘恩负义的家伙! )
You lowlife!(你这下流坯! )
Stop trying to be cool!(别硬装酷了。 )
●使人镇静
Calm down. (镇静些。 )
Take it easy.(别紧张。 )
Don't get so uptight. (何必当真了呢。 )
Don't be so stiff.(放松点儿。 )
Kick back! (放松点儿。 )
Take your time. (不用着急。 )
There's no need to rush. (别急。)
●言归于好
Let's make up. (我们和好吧!)
Did you make up?(和好了吗? )
Stop fighting! (别打了! )
Can't we talk it over? (我们就不能好好谈谈吗?)
Try to get along.(你俩要好好相处。 )
Let's forgive and forget! (过去的事就让它过去吧。)
You've got me. (糟了,让你逮着了。)
I've beaten you.(你输了。 )
I didn't mean to hurt you.(我无意伤害你。 )
I missed you.(我很想念你。)
I get lonely easily.(我是个容易感到寂寞的人。 )
Can't you patch things up?( 你们就不能和好吗? )

18 悲 伤 时
●失望
What a disappointment!(真让人失望! )
What a pity. (太遗憾了。)
It was a waste of effort. (白费力了。 )
a wild-goose chase. (白费劲。 )
All that for nothing. (前功尽弃。 )
You let me down.(你真让我失望。 )
I blew it. (我真失策。)
It can't be helped.(毫无办法。 )
It's a waste of time.(纯属浪费时间。 )
Almost! (差不多了!)
I feel sad. (我感到悲伤。)
I feel really sad.(我感到非常痛苦。)
Oh, dear! (哦!天哪!)
Boohoo. (呜呜! )
My heart broke.(我的心都碎了。 )
My heart has been filled with grief. (我的内心充满了悲伤。 )
The sad story depressed me. (那悲惨的故事使我心情抑郁。)
How ruthless!(真无情! )
No one can understand how I really feel(.没人能知道我的感受。)
●寂寞
I feel lonely.(我感到很寂寞。 )
I hate being alone. (我讨厌孤独。 )
I don't mind being alone. (我不在乎孤独。)
I miss you. (我想念你。)
I feel empty. (我觉得空荡荡的。)
My life is empty.(我的生活很空虚。 )
Alone at last.(最终只剩下了我一个人。 )
●郁闷、忧郁
I'm depressed.(我很沮丧。)
I've got the blues today.(我今天感到很忧郁。)
It's depressing.(这真让人沮丧。 )
Rainy days get me down.(雨天使我感到消沉。 )
I don't feel like doing anything.(我提不起精神来做事。 )
He looks melancholy.(他满脸忧愁。 )
He looks gloomy today. (今天,他看上去很郁闷。)
●断念、绝望
I give up.(放弃了。/投降了。 )
I can't help it. (没法子。 )
Not a chance! (没戏。)
That's the way it goes.(毫无办法。 )
I have no clue. (毫无线索。)
I'm throwing in the towel. (我认输了。 )
It's hopeless.(绝望了。 )
Better than nothing. (总比没有强。 )
It was fate. (这就是命运呀!)
It's history. (都已经过去了。)
It beats me.(这可难倒了我。/不知道。 )
I have no other choice but to do so. (除此之外我别无选择。)
I no longer feel devoted to this company. (我已经不再留恋这个公司了。 )
That figures. (果不其然。)
It is just as I imagined. (正如我所想像的那样。)
See, didn't I tell you so? (瞧,我不早告诉你了吗?)
Good for you. (那是当然的。)
Serves you right. (报应!/活该。)
You never know.(很难说。/世事难料。 )
No wonder.(不足为奇。/没什么奇怪的。 )
That's why...(难怪…… )
●后悔
I shouldn't have done it.(我真不该那样。)
I shouldn't have said that. (我要是不说那话就好了。)
I should have known. (我早该知道了。)
It was careless of me to do so. (做那种事,我也太不小心了。)
I regret doing that. (我后悔我做的事。)
I had no choice.(我别无选择。)
I went too far. (我做得太过了。 )
I was too nervous. (我太紧张了。 )
I wish I had studied harder.(我要是再用功点就好了。)
I should have asked him. (我要是问他一下就好了。)
It slipped my mind.(不留神给忘了。 )

19 喜欢、讨厌时
I like it.(我喜欢。 )
I love pizza. (我最爱吃比萨饼。 )
I like this dress. (我喜欢这套衣服。)
Are you pleased with your new car?(你满意你的新车吗? )
I'm fond of this tea.(我喜欢这茶。)
I prefer tea to coffee. (比起咖啡来我更喜欢红茶。)
I'm hooked on... (我对……上瘾。 )
Tomato soup is my cup of tea. (我喜欢喝西红柿汤。)
I've developed a great liking for Japanese food. (我非常喜欢吃日本食品。 )
I'm choosy. (我这人很挑剔。 )
I came to like sushi.(我开始喜欢吃寿司了。 )
Jane has grown on me.(简越来越让我喜欢。 )
Baseball grew on me.(棒球越来越吸引我了。 )
This will be fun!(看上去挺好玩的。 )
This is exciting!(真令人兴奋! )
I'm interested.(我很感兴趣。 )
I'm satisfied.(我很满足。 )
I enjoyed it.(我很欣赏它。 )
I was deeply moved. (我被深深地感动了。)
I don't like it.(我不喜欢这个。)
I hate it! (我最讨厌这个了。 )
This is disgusting. (这个真恶心!)
Yuck! (啐!)
Peeyew! (臭死了! )
It's your attitude I don't like.(我不喜欢你的这种态度。 )
I hate his guts. (我对他恨之入骨。 )
I don't care for it.(我不喜欢。 )
I can't stand him. (看见他就心烦。)
Never again! (别再有第二次! )
I've had it.(我已经受够了! )

20 安 慰 时
●担心、惦念
What's the matter? (你怎么了? )
Are you okay? (你没事吧? )
What's going on? (到底怎么回事?)
Is something on your mind? (你有什么心事吗?)
I was worried about you.(我担心你。 )
Please don't go out of your way.(请不要特地为我(而麻烦您吧)。)
You look serious. (你怎么那么严肃。)
You look sad today. (你今天看上去很悲伤。)
You don't look very happy today. (你今天怎么满脸的不高兴。)
Why are you so glum? (你怎么闷闷不乐的呀?)
You look exhausted. (你看起来很疲惫。 )
You need a break.你该休息一会儿。(你需要喘口气。)
Something is wrong with you today.(你今天有点儿不大对劲。)
Who are you irritated with? (谁让你烦躁了? )
You're nervous.(你太紧张。 )
●同情
I'm sorry to hear that. (听到这事我很难过。)
That's unfortunate.(真不走运! )
It happens! (常有的事。 )
It's a common mistake. (这是常见的错误。)
It must be tough for you. (那你肯定很难受吧。)
Oh, poor thing! (啊,真可怜! )
I know how you feel.(我理解你的心情。 )
●安慰
Never mind.(别在意。 )
What bad luck. (太遗憾了。)
That's all right. (没事儿。)
Don't blame yourself. (别责备自己了。)
It's not your fault.(这不是你的错。)
It happens. (常有的事。 )
It happens to the best of us.(这种事谁都会遇到。 )
There's no need to worry about it.(不必为那事烦恼。 )
Don't give it another thought. (别想得太多。 )
It can't be helped. (没办法呀! )
I don't want to put you out. (我不想给您添麻烦。)
This is nothing.(这算什么呀。 )
How terrible!(多糟糕呀! )
No big deal. (别小题大作。 )
I've seen worse. (这还算好的呢。)
Don't feel so bad about yourself.(别那么自暴自弃。)
What a pity!(真遗憾! )
It'll work out. (总会有办法的。 )
She's just upset. (她只是有点心烦。)
●鼓励
Don't cry. (别哭了。 )
Wipe your tears.(擦擦眼泪。 )
Cheer up! (振作起来!)
Do your best!(尽你最大努力! )
Go for it! (勇敢点儿。)
We'll cheer for your team. (我们会给你们队助威的。)
Try harder next time. (下次再努力吧。)
Hang in there! (别松劲!))
Don't give up! (别认输!/别放弃! )
You can do it! (你可以的!)
Look on the bright side. (你得看到事情好的一面。 )
Don't take it too seriously!(别看得那么严重! )
Keep your chin up! (别灰心! )
You can do anything if you really want to.(只要你想做,你就一定能做得到。 )
There's a chance. (这是一个机会。 )
Worrying about it won't solve anything.(担心解决不了任何问题。)
Get it together, Jack!(振作起来!杰克。 ) )
Just try it.(试试看。 )
Try and do it.(试着做做。 )
Try again.(再试一遍。 )
Don't be a chicken. (别害怕。 )
Let's face facts. (让我们面对现实。)
Let's cheer him up. (我们得让他振作起来。)
I wish you success!(我祝你成功! )
Tell him to his face.(应当面对他说。 )
I'm serious. (我是认真的。)
Take my word for it.(这是真的呀! )
You'd better believe it! (请相信! )
I'm sure of it.(我敢肯定。 )
It may sound strange, but it's true. (听起来也许奇怪,但它是真的。)
I'm innocent!(我是无辜的! )

21 怀 疑 时
Really? (真的?)
Are you serious?(你是认真的吗? )
Are you joking?(开玩笑呢吧? )
I doubt it. (我怀疑。)
It sounds fishy to me. (听起来可疑。)
I won't buy that story. (我不信他的话。)
Do you think she's serious?(你认为她是当真的吗? )
I don't take him too seriously.(我不把他的话太当真。 )
I don't believe him. (我不相信他。)
It's too good to be true. (有这么好的事!)

22 为 难 时
I don't know what to do. (该怎么办呢?)
What am I supposed to do? (我该怎么办?)
We are in trouble. (这下可麻烦了。)
It's a hassle. (那很麻烦。 )
It's really a difficult problem.(这真是个难题。 )
I don't know what to say.(我不知道说什么才好。)
You got me. (这下可难住我了。)
He's a nuisance. (他特招人讨厌。 )
You asked for it. (自作自受。)
Oops! (哎哟! )
Oh, no!(噢!不! )
That's the hard part. (这正是难点。)
I feel guilty. (我感到内疚。)
You look puzzled. (你看来很困惑。)
The idea haunts me. (那个念头总是萦绕着我。 )

23 不感兴趣时
I don't care. (什么都行。)
Who cares? (管它呢!)
Whatever you want.(随便你! )
Nobody knows. (谁知道呢。)
It has nothing to do with me. (这跟我有什么关系。)
I couldn't care less. (我才不在乎呢。 )
Nobody cares. (没人注意你。)
Let it be.(随他们去呢! )
I don't care what they say. (我才不在乎他们说什么呢。)
Anyone will do. (哪个都行。)
We can do without him.(没他我们也可以。 )
I've got nothing special to talk about. (我没什么特别要说的。)
It doesn't matter. (无所谓。)
It's the same old story. (这又不是什么新鲜事。)

24 害 羞 时
I'm shy.( 我不好意思。 )
I'm ashamed of myself. (我为自己感到惭愧。)
How shameful!(真恬不知耻! )
Shame on you! (你真丢脸! )

25 吃 惊 时
Unbelievable! (难以置信!)
I'm surprised! (我吃了一惊。)
I'm shocked!(我很震惊。)
That's amazing! (太让人吃惊了! )
Really? (真的?)
You're kidding! (你在开玩笑吧!)
It can't be! (怎么可能!)
Are you serious? (当真?/你肯定?)
That's really something!(那真的很重要!)
Oh, my!(哎呀!/吓死人了。 )
Well, well.(哎呀呀! )
You surprised me!(你吓死我了。 )
You don't say! (这怎么可能呢? )
That'll be the day! (永远不可能有那样的事!)
A great shock.(震惊。 )
That's news to me.(第一次听说。 )
It's mind-boggling! (令人难以想像! )
Gosh! (糟了! )
We were surprised by the news. (那条消息真让人吃惊。 )
Boo! (哇!)
第五章 喜庆、悼念中使用的短句
26 祝 福
Congratulations! (恭喜!)
Congratulations on your engagement. (恭喜你的订婚。 )
Congratulations on your marriage. (恭喜你们喜结良缘。)
Congratulations on the birth of your child. (恭喜生子。)
Congratulations on entering...(恭喜你考上...大学! )
Congratulations on your promotion! (恭喜高升!)
Congratulations on your complete recovery. (祝贺你康复!)
Good for you! (祝贺你!)
I'm really happy for you!(我为你而高兴。)
Cheers! 干杯!
Let's make a toast! (让我们干杯! )
Here's to your health! (为了您的健康(干杯)! )
Let me propose a toast to Mr. Smith.(我提议让我们为史密斯先生干杯! )
Break a leg! (祝您成功! )

27 吊 唁
I sympathize with you. (我对您深表同情!)
What a pity we've lost such a great man! (我们为失去一个这么好的人而感到遗憾!)
I'm going to miss my grandpa. (我很怀念我的爷爷。)
That's too bad. (太不幸了。)
Try not to get depressed. (别太消沉了。)
It was terrible this time, wasn't it? (这次很麻烦,对吧?)
I'm so sorry. (我太难过了! )

28节日、纪念日
●新年
Here's to the New Year! (祝贺新年!)
Happy New Year! (新年快乐!)
●情人节
Happy Valentine's Day! (情人节快乐。)
Be my Valentine. (做我的情人吧。)
●复活节
Happy Easter! (复活节快乐!)
●母亲节
Happy Mother's Day! (母亲节快乐!)
Thanks for being such a good mom. (你真是我的好妈妈。)
●万圣节
Trick or treat! (不请吃就捣蛋!)
●感恩节
Happy Thanksgiving! (感恩节快乐!)
Let's have pumpkin pie.(我们吃南瓜派吧。)
●圣诞节
Merry Christmas! (圣诞快乐!)
Have a Merry Christmas. (祝您圣诞愉快!)
●生日
Here's your birthday gift. (这是送给你的生日礼物。)
It's my birthday. (生日快乐! )
●结婚纪念日
Happy anniversary! (结婚纪念日快乐。)
Thanks for being in my life.(谢谢你陪我共度人生。)
第六章 国外旅游时使用的短句
29在飞机上、饭店里
●在飞机上
What would you like to drink? (您想喝点儿什么?)
Coffee, please. (请来一杯咖啡。)
With sugar and cream?(要加牛奶和糖吗?)
What would you like for dinner, beef or fish?(午餐您要牛肉还是要鱼? )
Beef, please. (请给我牛肉。 )
Have you finished?(您用完了吗? )
No, not yet.( 还没有。 )
May I clear the table? (我可以收走了吗? )
Clear the table, please. (请您收拾一下桌子吧。)
Can I have some water?(您能给我杯水吗? )
Can I have something to drink? (能给我点儿喝的吗? )
A blanket, please. (请给我一条毯子。)
I feel cold. (我觉得冷。)
I feel hot.(我觉得热。)
I feel sick.(我觉得恶心。)
Can I have some medicine? (能给我点儿药吗? )
Could you tell me how to fill out this form? (您能告诉我怎么填这张表吗?)
●在机场
May I see your passport, please? (请出示您的护照。)
How long will you be staying in the United States? (您在美国停留多长时间?)
What's the purpose of your visit?(您来旅行的目的? )
Sightseeing. (旅游。)
Business。(工作。 )
I'm here on business. (我是来工作的。 )
I'm here on vacation.(我是来度假的。 )
Where are you staying?(您住哪儿? )
Do you have anything to declare? (有什么需要报关的吗?)
At the Washington Hotel. (在华盛顿饭店。)
How much money do you have? (您带了多少现金? )
Four hundred dollars and one hundred thousand yen. (我有400美金和10万日元。)
Okay. Have a nice stay.(好了,祝您愉快!)
I can't find my baggage. (我找不着行李了。)
Please check it immediately.(请马上查一查。 )
Please deliver the baggage to my hotel as soon as you have located it.(找到后请马上把我的行李送到饭店。)
I'd like to reconfirm my flight. (我想确认一下我的机票。)
Where is the Japan Airlines counter?( 日本航空公司的柜台在哪儿? )
Where is the boarding gate? (登机口在哪儿? )
What time do you start boarding? (什么时候开始登机? )
Has this flight begun boarding?(这个航班开始登机了吗?)
What time will we arrive in Tokyo? (几点到东京?)
●在饭店的服务台
Is there a room available for tonight? (今天晚上有空房间吗?)
I reserved a room for tonight. (我预订了一个房间。 )
Check in, please.(请办入住手续。 )
Take my baggage, please. (请帮我拿一下行李。 )
I'd like a key to room 809, please. (请给我809房间的钥匙。)
Where is the dining room? (餐厅在哪儿? )
What time does the dining room open? (餐厅几点开门? )
What time can I have breakfast?( 几点吃早饭?)
Where can I get some beer? (我在哪儿可以买到啤酒?)
Can you keep my valuables? (我可以把贵重物品存这儿吗? )
Yen to dollars, please.(我想把日元换成美金。)
Cash, please.(请换成现金。 )
Could you cash this traveler's check (for me)?(您能帮我把旅行支票换成现金吗? )
Would you exchange this one hundred dollar bill with five twenties? (请帮我把这100美元换成5张20美元的。)
Does anyone speak Japanese? (有人会说日语吗?)
Are there any messages for me? (有给我的留言吗?)
Check out, please.(我办退房手续。)
Here's my room key. (这是我房间的钥匙。 )
I didn't make any phone calls. (我没用电话。 )
Here's your bill.(这是您的账单。)
Could you call a taxi for me?(能帮我叫一辆出租车吗? )
●客房服务
Room service, please. (请提供客房服务。)
A wake-up call, please.(请提供叫早服务。)
Can I borrow a hair dryer? (我可以借一下吹风机吗? )
Please bring me a pot of coffee. (请送一壶咖啡。)
Laundry service, please. (请提供洗衣服务。)
When will it be ready? (什么时候能弄好?)
Your room number, please. (请告诉我您的房间号码。)
This is room 501. (501房间。*{501的说法是five o one} )
Come in.(请进。 )
●在饭店遇到困难时
There is no hot water. (没有热水。)
The room next door is noisy. (隔壁太吵了。)
Could I possibly have another room key?(我能再要一把房间钥匙吗? )
I locked myself out.(我把钥匙忘在房间里了。)
I'm locked out.( 我被锁在外面了。 )
The TV doesn't work in my room. (我房间的电视不能看。)
Could you send someone to fix it? (您能派人给修理一下儿吗? )
Could you send someone up?(请叫位服务员来一下。)

30 走在街上的时候
●问路
Where is the shoe store? (鞋店在哪儿?)
Excuse me, but I'm lost. (对不起,我迷路了。 )
Where am I on this map? (我在地图上的什么地方?)
What's the name of this street?(这条街叫什么名字?)
Is there a post office near here? (这附近有邮局吗?)
How do I get to the Sakura Hotel?(去樱花饭店怎么走? )
Turn right at the first traffic light.(从第一个信号灯往右拐。 )
Where's the rest room? (洗手间在哪儿? )
It's on the right.(在右边。)
Go straight for two blocks. (一直走到第二个街区。 )
You'll see it at the corner on your left. (在左侧拐角那儿就能看见。 )
Sorry, I'm new here, too. (对不起,我也是第一次来这儿。)
It's next to the coffee shop.(在那家咖啡馆的旁边。 )
It's across from City Hall.(在市政厅的对面。 )
It faces City Hall. (正对着市政厅。 )
It's between the bookstore and the drugstore. (在书店和药店之间。)
It's on this side of the church.(在教堂的这一边。)
It's at of this street. (在这条路的尽头。 )
Am I near Shinjuku?(这儿离新宿近吗? )
How far is it to Shinjuku? (这儿离新宿有多远? )
How long will it take? (要多长时间?)
About five minutes. (5分钟左右。 )
Is it far?(到那儿远吗?)
Not far.(不远。 )
What's the easiest way to get to Shinjuku?(到新宿哪条路最好走? )
The easiest way is to take a taxi.(坐出租车去最容易找到。)
What's the quickest way to get to Shinjuku? (到新宿哪条道最快?)
Where can I mail this? (在哪儿可以发信? )
Where can I make a phone call? (在哪儿可以打电话? )
Is this the shortcut? (这是条近路吗? )
●乘坐交通工具
A subway map, please.(请给我一张地铁图。)
Where's the ticket counter? (售票处在哪儿? )
How much is the fare to Shinjuku? (到新宿多少钱?)
It's one hundred fifty yen. (150日元。 )
Which train should I take to Shinjuku?(到新宿,我该坐哪趟车? )
Where am I supposed to change? (我应该在哪站换车?)
Where am I supposed to get off for Ogikubo? (我要到荻洼在哪儿下车? )
You can change to the JR Chuo Line at Shinjuku. (到新宿换乘JR的中央线。)
Where can I catch an express train? (在哪儿能坐上快车? )
Go to track number two.(到第二站台。)
How often do the trains come?(电车多长时间来一趟? )
The trains come every ten minutes. (10分钟一趟。 )
When is the next express? (下趟快车是几点?)
What time is the last train to Chofu?(到调布的末班车是几点? )
Is the next train an express? (下趟车是快车吗?)
Does this train stop at Chofu? (这趟车在调布停吗?)
It's the fourth stop from here.(从这里数第4站。 )
After the next stop.(下下站。 )
How many stops are there to Shinjuku?(到新宿还有几站?)
What's the next stop?(下站是哪儿? )
The next stop is Chofu. (下站是调布。 )
Where can I get a taxi? (我在哪儿可以打到车?)
Where's the taxi stand?(出租车站在哪儿? )
Call me a taxi, please. (请帮我叫辆出租车。)
How long does it take to get downtown? (到市中心得多长时间? )
How much does it cost?(要花多少钱? )
Where to?(您去哪儿? )
To Wall Street, please. (请到华尔街。 )
To this address, please.(请到这个地址。 )
I'm in a hurry. (我有急事。)
Take the shortest way, please. (请走最近的路。 )
Could you wait for me, please? (请您在这儿稍等一下。)
Stop here, please. (请在这儿停吧。 )
Could you help me carry my bag? (您能帮我拿一下行李吗? )
How much would it cost to get there?(到那儿的话要花多少钱? )
Where's the bus stop? (公共汽车站在哪儿? )
Is there a bus to the airport? (有去机场的汽车吗?)
How many stops to the museum? (美术馆是第几站?)
When is the next bus to Narita? (下趟到成田机场的车是几点?)
Does this bus go to the airport? (这辆车是去机场的吗? )
Could you tell me when to get off? (麻烦您到站时告诉我一声。)
The bus has just left. (汽车刚走。)
The buses don't come on time.( 汽车没有准时来。 )
Is this seat taken? (这儿有人坐吗?)
Isn't the traffic heavy?(路上是不是很堵车? )
●租车
Who should I ask about car rentals? (租车的事,我该问谁?)
I'd like to rent a car, please. (我想借辆车。)
What type do you have in mind? (你喜欢什么车型? )
A compact, please. (小型车就可以。)
Do you have any Japanese cars? (有日本车吗? )
What's the rental fee? (租金是多少? )
Thirty dollars a day, plus twenty cents per mile.(一天30美金,每公里加20美分。)
Do you want insurance? (你要上保险吗? )
I'd like full insurance. (我要上全部的保险。)
Can I drop off the car in...?(我能把车放在……? )
●交通标志
No outlet!(禁行! )
No parking!(禁止停车! )
No passing! (禁止超车! )
One-way street!( 单行线。 )
road junction!(十字路口。 )

31 购 物 时
Let's go window-shopping.(我们去(商店)逛逛吧! )
What a crowd!(人多得要命! )
When does the store open? (商店几点开门?)
When does the store close? (商店几点关门?)
We won't open until eleven. (我们11点才开门呢。 )
Where's the shoe department? (卖鞋的专柜在哪儿呀?)
It's on the third floor. (在3楼。)
Going down? (是往下? )
What are you looking for? (你找什么呢?)
Eighth, please.请按8楼。(乘电梯时)
May I help you?( 欢迎光临。)
I'd like a suit. (我想买件套装。 )
I'm looking for a ... bag.(我在找一种……包。 )
I'm just looking. (我只看看。 )
If you need any help, let me know.(您有什么需要帮助的尽管说。 )
These shoes are great!(这双鞋真漂亮! )
Buy this.(买这个吧。 )
How much is this?(这个多少钱? )
That's expensive! (太贵了!)
That's cheap!(真便宜!)
Do you have this shirt in a small? (这种衬衫有小号的吗?)
Do you have this sweater in red? 这种毛衣有红色的吗?
May I try it on? (我可以试试吗?)
Where is the fitting room? (试衣间在哪儿?)
It's too small for me. (我穿着太小。)
This suit fits perfectly.(这套衣服正合适。)
This is nice.(这个真不错。 )
This is better. (这个比较好。)
This skirt matches this blouse, doesn't it? (这条裙子和这件上衣挺配的,是吧?)
Which is better?(你觉得哪个好? )
I want both of them.(两个我都想要。 )
It's too flashy. (太艳了!)
It's too plain.(老气。)
Would you hem it? (您能给锁边吗? )
How much is it?(多少钱? )
I'll take this one. (我要这个。)
Will that be cash or charge?(您用现金还是卡?)
Cash, please. (现金。)
Charge, please.( 卡。)
Can I use VISA?(我可以用VISA卡吗? )
Can I pay by installment payment? (我可以分期付款吗?)
Can I pay in Japanese yen?(我可以付日元吗? )
Please wrap it. (请给包一下。 )
I'd like to return this. (我想退货。)
Could you exchange this, please? (您能给我换一下这个吗? )
It's got a stain.(这儿有点儿脏。)
Can I have a refund?(可以退款吗? )
Would you give me a discount? (能再便宜一些吗?)
Take it or leave it. (不满意就算了。 )

32 在外用餐时
●在快餐厅里
I'd like a hamburger and an iced tea. (要一个汉堡和一杯冰茶。 )
May I have two hot dogs, please? (我要两个热狗。)
With ketchup and mustard, please.( 请加蕃茄酱和芥末。 )
Will that be for here or to go? (在这儿吃还是带走? )
Will that be to go?(您带走吗? )
Will you be eating here? (您是在这儿吃吗?)
To go, please. (带走。)
For here, please.(在这儿吃。 )
●预订餐馆
Could you recommend a good restaurant near here? (这附近您能推荐家好吃的饭馆吗? )
I'd like some Italian food. (我想吃意大利菜。 )
Which restaurant do you recommend? (您推荐哪家饭馆? )
Is there a Mexican restaurant around here? (这附近有墨西哥餐馆吗?)
Where is the closest Mexican restaurant? (最近的墨西哥餐馆在哪儿? )
Are there any restaurants still open near here? (这附近有没有还在营业的饭馆?)
Do I need a reservation? (我需要预订吗? )
Hello, this is the Park Restaurant. May I help you? (您好,这是公园餐厅。我可以为您服务吗?)
I'd like to make a reservation for eight people at six o'clock tonight. (我想订餐。今天晚上6点,8个人的位子。)
We are a group of eight. (我们一共8个人。)
I'd like to reserve a table for eight. (我想订餐8个人。)
Could we have a table close to the band? (我们能不能要张离乐队近一点儿的桌子? )
I'm sorry. We're all booked up tonight.(对不起,今天晚上都订满了。)
How long is the wait?(要等多长时间? )
We can wait. (我们可以等。 )
What time can we make a reservation? (可以预订几点的? )
How late are you open? (一直营业到几点? )
How do I get there? (我怎么才能到那儿? )
Do you accept credit cards?(可以用信用卡吗? )
What is the price of a dinner course? (一顿饭多少钱? )
What is your dress code? (衣着上有什么规定?)
Should I wear a jacket and tie? (我必须得穿外衣打领带吗? )
Should the ladies wear dresses? (女性必须穿礼服吗? )
How many in your group? (请问您几位?)
Two. (2个人。 )
I'm sorry, but I have to cancel my reservation.(对不起,我想取消订餐。)
●点菜
Could I have a menu, please?(请给我菜单。 )
Do you have a menu in Japanese?(有日语的菜单吗? )
May I see the wine list, please? (请给我看一下酒单。)
What kind of wine do you have?(你们都有些什么葡萄酒? )
May I take your order?(点菜吗?/您来点点儿什么?)
What do you recommend? (有什么菜可以推荐的吗?)
Can I have the same as that? (我想要和那个一样的。)
I'll take this and this. (我要这个和这个。 )
Do you have any local specialties? (您这儿有什么地方风味吗? )
Could we have separate checks?(我们可以分别付款吗? )
I'd like to have dinner for sixty dollars including drinks. (我要一个60美元的晚餐包括酒水。)
I'd like a steak.(我要一份牛排。)
I'd like some red wine, please. (我要红葡萄酒。)
How would you like it?(要几成熟的? )
Well-done, please. (烤熟点。)
Can you make it mild? (请做得清淡些。 )
Are you having breakfast? (您用早餐吗?)
Would you like some coffee? (来杯咖啡怎么样?)
Is coffee included with this meal? (套餐里包括咖啡吗? )
I'd like a cup of coffee, please. (请给我来一杯咖啡。)
Anything else? (还要别的吗?)
That's all for me.(够了/就要这些。 )
I didn't order this. (我没有点这个菜。)
My order hasn't come yet. (我点的菜还没上。 )
●饭桌上
I'm kind of hungry.(我有点饿了。)
I'm starving. (我都快饿死了。 )
I'm thirsty. (我渴了。 )
It smells good.(闻着真香。)
I'm on a diet. (我在节食。)
This looks great! (看上去真好吃! )
They all look good.(看上去都好吃。 )
Can I eat this?(我可以吃这个吗?)
You can't eat that.(你不能吃这个。 )
Is this delicious?(这个好吃吗? )
It's good.(好吃。 )
It's not good.(不好吃。)
This tastes strange.(味道很怪。 )
I eat anything.(我什么都能吃。 )
Don't overeat.(别吃太多。)
He's a big eater. (他真能吃。)
I don't feel like eating anything. (我什么都不想吃。 )
I drink like a fish. (我是海量。 )
I get drunk easily. (我酒量小。 )
I can hold my own. (我酒量还可以。 )
Cake is fattening. (吃蛋糕会发胖。)
Would you like some coffee? (你喝咖啡吗?)
Please pass me the salt. (请把盐递给我。)
It's called misoshiru.(这是大酱汤。)
How do you eat sushi? (寿司怎么吃呀?)
You dip it in soy sauce. (你得蘸酱油。 )
Can you use chopsticks? (你会用筷子吗? )
What kind of fish is this? (这是什么鱼?)
It's spicy.(真辣! )
It's salty.( 真咸。 )
It's sweet. (真甜。)
It's crispy.(真脆。 )
It's slimy. (真粘。 )
This coffee is not hot enough.(这咖啡不够热。)
This bread is soggy. (面包没烤透。 )
These potato chips are stale. (这土豆片变味了。)
This milk is sour. (这牛奶酸了。)
This coffee tastes bitter.(这咖啡太苦了。 )
This meat is tough.(这肉太老。)
This has a strong flavor.(味很重。 )
It's too salty. (太咸了。 )
It's too greasy.(太油腻。 )
It's too hot. (太烫了。 )
My mouth is burning. (我的嘴都麻了。 )
Would you like some? (你也来点儿吗?)
I'd like some more wine. (我想再要一点葡萄酒。)
I dropped my fork. (我的叉子掉了。)
I'd like another cup of coffee. (再要一杯咖啡。 )
That was good. (真好吃。 )
I'm very full.(我吃饱了。 )
There isn't enough food. (食物不够了。)
Would you like another drink? (再喝一杯吗?)
How do you like your coffee? (您喝什么样的咖啡?)
●付款
Bill, please.(请结账。)
Where should I pay? (在哪儿付钱? )
It's on me. (我请客。)
I'll take care of it. (我来付。 )
What is this for?(这是什么的钱? )
I'm afraid there is a mistake here. (我觉得这儿算错了。 )
Let's go Dutch. (我们各付各的吧。 )
We'd like to pay separately. (我们分开付款。)
Keep the change. (不用找钱了。)
May I have a receipt, please?(请开张发票。)

33 外出旅行时
Where's the tourist information center? (旅游信息问讯处在哪儿?)
May I have a free city map? (能给我一张免费城市地图吗? )
When does the museum close? (博物馆几点闭馆?)
Please tell me about some interesting places in this town.(能告诉我这座城市有哪些好玩的地方吗?)
What are your interests?(您对什么感兴趣? )
I'm interested in architecture. (我对建筑感兴趣。 )
What kind of tours do you have? (都有哪些路线的旅行呢?)
Please show me the way. (请告诉我去的路线。 )
Are they open on Saturdays? (他们星期六开门吗? )
Are there any sightseeing buses? (有旅游车吗? )
I'd like a tour by taxi. (我想坐出租车旅游。)
I'd like a guide. (我想要一个导游。 )
I want a Japanese-speaking guide.(我想要一位会日语的导游。)
How much is it per day? (一天多少钱? )
How much is admission?(入场券多少钱? )
Two tickets, please. (买两张票。 )
What's that building? (那个建筑物是什么?)
How old is it? (它的历史有多久? )
Can we go in? (我们能进到里面吗?)
Let's go to see the castle. (我们去看看那座城堡吧。 )
What a beautiful view! (多美的景色呀! )
I want to stay longer.(我想多呆一会儿。 )
Let's leave now. (我们走吧! )
I want to rest a while.(我想休息一会儿。)
May I take a picture here?(这儿可以照相吗? )
Would you take a picture for us?(您能给我们照张相吗? )
Would you mind posing with me? (能和我一起照张相吗? )
I'll send the pictures. (我会把照片寄给你的。 )
Where is the gift shop?(哪儿有礼品店? )
Where's the bathroom?(洗手间在哪儿? )
It's outside, to the left.(出去然后往左拐。)
Can I walk there?(我能走得到吗? )
You should take a bus. (你最好坐公共汽车。)
What's on tonight? (今天晚上的节目是什么? )
How long does it last? (一共演多长时间? )
What time will it be over?(几点演完? )

34 遇到麻烦时
●语言不通
I'd like to have a Japanese interpreter. (我想请一位日本人翻译。 )
I can't speak English.(我不会说英语。 )
My English isn't good enough. (我的英语不太好。 )
A Japanese-speaking person, please. (请安排一位会说日语的人。)
Pardon me? (请再说一遍?)
What did you say? (您说什么? )
Would you slow down, please?(您能慢一点儿说吗? )
I'd like a Japanese-speaking guide, please. (我们想请一位会说日语的导游。)
Does anyone speak Japanese? (有会说日语的人吗?)
I can't make myself understood. (我们语言不通。 )
I don't know how to say it in English.(我不知道这用英文怎么说。)
How do you say “giri” in English? (日语中的“义理”用英文怎么说?)
What do you call this in English?(英文管这叫什么? )
●失窃
Call the police! (叫警察。)
I had my bag stolen.(我的包被偷了。)
Who should I report it to? (我该告诉谁? )
Where is the Lost and Found? (失物招领处在哪儿?)
What kind of bag?(什么样的包? )
What was in it? (里面都有什么?)
How much was in it? (里面有多少钱?)
We'll call you if we find it.(我们找到后会跟你联系的。 )
Could you fill out this form? (您能填一下儿这张表吗? )
Please give me a report on the theft. (请您写一下被盗经过。)
Where is the Japanese Embassy? (日本大使馆在哪儿? )
I lost my passport.(我的护照丢了。)
Does anyone here speak Japanese? (这儿有会说日语的人吗? )
Can I get it reissued?(能补发一本吗? )
Please cancel my card number. (请取消我的卡号。 )
What should I do? (我该怎么办?)
●呼救
It's an emergency! (十万火急! )
Please call a doctor. (快叫大夫!)
Help! (救命啊!)
Thief! (小偷! )

第七章 商业信函用语
35 引言部分
●收信
We have received your letter of April 14, 1998.(我们收到了您1998年4月14日的来信。)
We thank you for your inquiry.(我们收到了您的咨询函,非常感谢。)
We are pleased to learn from your letter...(我们非常高兴从您的来信中获悉…… )
We are grateful for your inquiry of May 23,1998. (我们收到了您1998年5月23日的来函查询,非常感激。)
This is to acknowledge your letter of June 6, 1998.(我们已经收到了您1998年6月6日的来信。)
●回信
We are pleased to respond to your inquiry of August 18, 1998.(我非常愉快地回复您1998年8月18日的来函查询。)
We are writing in response to your letter of October 21, 1998.(以下是就您1998年10月21日来信的回函。)
This refers to your letter of October 29, 1998. (这是对您1998年10月29日来信的复函。 )
This is in response to your letter of November 4, 1998.(这是对您1998年11月4日来信给予的答复。)
●从来信中得知
We are happy to learn from your letter that...(我们高兴地从您的来信中得知…… )
We regret to learn from your letter that...(我们很遗憾地从您的信中得知……)
We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the mistake. (我们为我们的差错向您表示真诚的歉意。)
It is nice to know that...(得知……真是太好了。)
It is regretted that...为……(我们很遗憾。)
●联系
We are pleased to inform you that...(我们非常愉快地通知您…… )
We would like to inform you that... (我们想通知您……)
We take pleasure in informing you of... (我们非常荣幸地通知您…… )
We regret to inform you that... (我们很遗憾地通知您…… )
We are sorry to inform you that... (我们抱歉地通知您…… )
Please be advised that... (请允许我通知您…… )
●随信附上
We will enclose... (随信附上…… )
We are enclosing a copy of...( 随信附上……的复印件 )
There is a copy of... attached to this letter. (……复印件随信一并寄上。 )
Attached you will find... (附上了你要的…… )
Enclosed is a copy of...(附寄在内的是一份……的复印件。)
●寄给……、请(对方)寄出……
We will send you...(我们将寄给你…… )
We are pleased to send you...(我们非常高兴地寄给你…… )
We are sending you the contract separately. (我们另外再把合同书寄给您。 )
Would you please send us...? (您能将……寄给我们吗?)
We would appreciate it if you would send us... (如果你能将……寄给我的话,我们将非常感谢。)
●认为对方收到了自己的信件
Some months ago we wrote you regarding...(几个月前,我们曾就……事给您写了一封信。)
So far, we do not seem to have received word from you... (就……事我们至今没有得到您的回音。 )
If we do not hear from you by December 1, 1998...(如果在1998年12月1日前还得不到您的回音的话,…… )
So far, we have not received word from you... (有关……事,我们还未收到您的任何回音。)
●因回复迟了而表示歉意
We apologize for not replying to you earlier. (很抱歉未能尽早给您回信。 )
We are sorry for not answering your letter sooner.(未能及时给您回信,我们深表歉意。)
Thank you for your patience. (久未回信,让您久等了。)
36 正文部分
●叙述事情
We are told that... (我们被告知…… )
We understand from Mr. Aoki that...(我们从青木先生那儿了解到……)
We observed that...(我们察觉到…… )
We would like to call your attention to... (我们希望提醒贵方注意…… )
May we take this occasion to remind you that... (我们想利用这次的机会就……事提醒您。)
●转达希望
We hope that you will... (我们希望您能…… )
We hope to receive... (我们希望收到……)
We are interested in... (我对……很感兴趣。 )
We would be interested to learn...(我们渴望知道…… )
We would appreciate it if you will let us know...(如果您能告诉我们……,我们将不胜感激。)
May we ask you to send us...?(我们能麻烦您将……寄给我们吗? )
●致谢
We thank you for your offer. (非常感谢您为我们提供的一切。)
I appreciate very much that you... (您……,我们不胜感激。)
We appreciate your cooperation and... (对贵方的大力合作我们万分感激。)
●感到遗憾
It is regretful to learn of... (得知……,我们感到很遗憾。 )
We are sorry to inform you that... (我们抱歉地通知您…… )
We are very sorry that... (为……,我们深表遗憾。)
We regret to inform you that... (我们遗憾地通知您…… )
●表示歉意
We apologize for...(就……,我们表示歉意。 )
We are very sorry for... (我们对……感到非常抱歉。 )
●抱怨
We are sorry to inform you that... (我们不得不遗憾地通知您……)
We very much regret to have to remind you of... (我们不得不很遗憾地提醒您…… )
We invite your attention to... (我们请求您对……给予注意。)
May we remind you that...?(我们想提醒您注意…… )
We wish to point out that... (我们想指出…… ”。)
●祝贺
We are delighted to learn that... (我们非常高兴地获悉…… )
Congratulations on your...(衷心地祝贺你…… )
●吊唁
We have just learned with profound sorrow of the passing away of... (刚刚惊悉××不幸逝世,我们深感悲痛。)
We wish to express our deep regret over the passing of... (对××的不幸逝世我们深感痛惜。 )
Please accept my sincerest condolences.(请接受我们诚挚的哀悼。)
●同意
We agree with you on...(我们同意你们关于……的意见。)
We are in full agreement with the points raised in your letter. (我们完全同意您信上所提出的所有问题。)
We are very pleased to have the opportunity to...(我们非常高兴能有机会……)
We will be delighted to...(我们非常高兴地…… )
●陈述自己的意见
We think that...(我们认为…… )
We feel strongly that...(我们强烈地感到……)
It is our understanding that...(我们所理解的是…… )
We do not anticipate any objections to...(我们对……完全没有异议。)
We can see no reason why... (我们找不到任何理由……)
●反驳对方
It is not (quite) clear to us what you had in mind.(我们不清楚您到底是怎么想的。)
The one point that concerned us (a little) was... (使我们担心的一点是…… )
We have become concerned with regards to...(我们对……感到担心和挂念。)
●中立的答复
We are (now) in the process of... (我们正在……过程中。)
We value ... highly.(我们非常重视…… )
We thank you for raising the issue. (我们非常感谢您提出的这件事。)
Your suggestions are being followed up by...(您的建议将由……进行讨论。)
●否定的回答
We hope you will understand our reason for this action. (我们希望您能理解我们这次行动的理由。 )
It would be difficult for us to accept... (我们很难接受…… )
We regret that we are unable to... (非常遗憾,我们不能……)
We have no alternative but to... (除……之外,没有选择的余地。)
Consequently we are in the position to... (因此,我们采取的立场是…… )
●我方的行为和说明
We are pleased to recommend...to you.(我非常高兴地向您推荐……)
We work closely together with... (我们与……有非常亲密的关系。)
We are also told that... (我们已经得知……)
The amendment provides that... (修改后规定…… )
The following conditions show that... (以下的条件表明…… )
The effect of this change will be to delay...(这种变更意味着将会推迟…… )
●表明谢意和希望
We appreciate your business and...(我们非常感谢本次交易和…… )
..., and wish to thank you for your kindness. ……(还有对贵方的友好表示感谢。)
We would appreciate receiving your comments.(我们非常感谢你们提供的意见。)
We shall be interested in receiving your comments.(我们非常欢迎你们提出宝贵意见。)
●显示热情和诚意
We are confident that... (我们确信…… )
We are enthusiastic over the possibilities of... (我们就……的可能性表示极大的热忱。)
We welcome this development very much. (我们非常欢迎此事有所发展。)
We will continue to do all we can to...(我们将继续做我们所能做的一切。 )
We will do our utmost to... (我们将竭尽全力地……)
We shall do whatever we can to extend...(为了扩大……,我们将付出最大的努力。)
We will always endeavor to offer you our most favorable rates. (我们将一直地努力提供给您我们最优惠价格。)
You may rest assured that... (就……一事,请您尽管放心。)
●通知、希望得到通知
We wish to keep you fully informed on this matter.(我们希望就此事今后经常保持联系。)
Kindly inform us when this is put into effect. (在本项目实行之际,烦请通知我们一声。)
●对否定性回答的补充
We feel certain you will understand our position in this matter. (我们相信您能够理解我们的立场。)
Nevertheless, we will do everything we can to... (尽管如此,我们将做我们所能做的一切……)
There is no objection, as far as we are concerned, in...(对于……,就我们来说,没有异议。 )
These have been placed into our files for future reference. (为作为今后的参考,我们已将此事存入了我们的文档。)

37 结束部分
●请求回函
We would appreciate an early reply. (如能尽早回复,我们将不胜感激。)
We look forward to your favorable reply. (我们期待着您满意的回答。)
We look forward to hearing from you soon.(我们盼望着不久能听到您的回音。)
Your prompt attention to this matter will be appreciated. (如果就此事您能尽早回信的话,我们将衷心感谢。)
Please write us at the above address.(回信请寄到上述地址。)
●请多关照
We hope that you will... (我们希望您能…… )
Your kind cooperation in this respect is greatly appreciated.(在此方面如果能够得到您的合作我将非常感谢。)
We hope we can count on your continued cooperation and support. (我们希望能够继续得到你们的合作和支持。)
We look forward to your... (我们期待着您的……)
We trust our request will... (我们确信我们的请求将……)
●表明热情、诚意;要求合作
We are looking forward to the time when... (我们期待着当……的那一刻。)
Please do not hesitate to contact us. (请您不必客气,尽管与我们联系。)
We are always anxious to assist you in... (我们渴望在……方面给您以援助。)
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. (如果您有什么问题的话,请不必客气,尽管与我们联系。)
●表示谢意
Thank you for calling this matter to our attention. (谢谢您提醒我们注意此事。)
Thank you very much for your cooperation. (非常感谢您给予我们的合作。)
Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. (谢谢您提供给我们这样服务的机会。)
We appreciate this opportunity to...(我们感谢能有这样的机会去…… )
It is always a pleasure doing business with you.(很高兴和你们保持贸易关系。)
●表示歉意
Please accept our sincere apologies. (请接受我们诚挚的歉意。)
I want to extend my personal apologies for...(我以我个人的身份为……向您赔礼道歉。)
●应酬话
We wish you a bright and successful New Year.( 我们预祝您在新的一年里将更加辉煌和成功。)
We trust that an increase in ... will continue in the future.(我们确信今后……将继续不断地增加。)

38 (商业信函用语) 结语
●敬上
Yours (very) truly, (谨致问候 *用于商业。 )
Sincerely yours, (谨致问候 *稍带亲近的感觉,用于商务信函或给朋友的信中。)
Cordially, (谨致问候 *稍带亲近的感觉,用于商务信函或给朋友的信中。 )
My best regards, (谨致问候 *带有个人的语感,用在给朋友写信时。 )
With best regards, (谨致问候 *带有个人的语感,用在给朋友写信时。)
The very best to you, (谨致问候 *带有个人的语感,用在给朋友写信时。 )
Best wishes, (谨致问候 *带有个人的语感,用在给朋友写信时。)

第八章 会话中常出现的谚语、惯用语
39 谚语、惯用语
Every Tom, Dick and Harry. (不管张三李四。 )
Out of the frying pan into the fire.( 一波未平一波又起。)
I live to eat.(舍名求实。)
Every dog has his day. (瞎猫碰上了死耗子。)
Speak of the devil. (说曹操,曹操到。)
Love is blind. (情人眼里出西施。)
Kill two birds with one stone. (一举两得。)
No news is good news.(不闻凶讯便是吉。)
Time flies. (光阴似箭。)
Time is money. (时间就是金钱。)
Jack of all trades, master of none. (百艺不如一艺精。)
Look before you leap. (三思而后行。)
Seeing is believing. (百闻不如一见。)
There is no smoke without fire. (无风不起浪。)
Honesty is the best policy. (诚实总是上策。)
Better late than never. (晚做总比不做强。)
Boys will be boys. (男孩子就是男孩子嘛!)
Knowledge is power. (知识就是力量。)
Rome was not built in a day. (冰冻三尺非一日之寒。/罗马不是一天就建成的。)
All roads lead to Rome. (条条大路通罗马。 )
When in Rome, do as the Romans do. (入乡随俗。)
Practice makes perfect. (熟能生巧。)
History repeats itself. (历史总在重演。)
When it rains, it (always) pours.(祸不单行,福无双至。)
Where there's a will, there's a way.(功夫不负有心人。 )
Actions speak louder than words.(行动比语言更响亮。)
Easy come, easy go. ((钱财等)来得容易去得快。)
Blood is thicker than water. (血浓于水。 )
Like father, like son. (有其父必有其子。)
All's fair in love and war. (恋爱和战争都是不择手段的。)
Beauty is only skin deep. (美貌不过一张皮。)
The grass is always greener on the other side (of the fence). (东西总是人家的好。)
You cannot make an omelet without breaking eggs. (不劳则不获。 )
A rolling stone gathers no moss. (流水不腐,户枢不蠹。)
A friend in need is a friend indeed. (患难见真情。)
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. (只会工作不会玩的人是没意思的人。)
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. (事实胜于雄辩。)
Time and tide wait for no man. (岁月不待人。)
The sooner, the better. (越快越好。)
On the nose.(正好。)
Hide-and-seek(捉迷藏。)
to be continued (未完待续。 )
It takes two to tango. (一个巴掌拍不响。 )
As soon as possible. (尽快。)
All-you-can-eat.(随便吃。 )
multiple-choice(多项选择。)
Ready, get set, go!(各就各位,预备,跑! )
from A to Z. (从头到尾。 )
all long( 始终/一直/一贯)
As far as I can remember,...(就我的记忆来说…… )
Tit for tat.(以牙还牙,针锋相对。 )
That's what I'm here for.(这是我为什么在这儿的原因。 )
Two and three is five.(2+3等于5。)
We're as different as night and day.(我们有天壤之别。)
Monkey see, monkey do.(东施效颦。(机械模仿。) )
First come, first served. (以先后顺序为准。)
It's out of date.(过时了。 )
TV has its merits and demerits.(电视有长处,也有短处。)
I took advantage of his weakness. (我利用了他的弱点。 )
I've learned something.(我长了不少见识。 )
It's a fire hazard. (那会引起火灾呀!)
Anything could happen.(什么事都有可能发生。)
for future reference(将来可以用来作参考。)
behind my back (在我背后。)
for a change (换换心情。 )
Money talks. (有钱能使鬼推磨。 )
Never say die. (别说丧气话。)
Let bygones be bygones. (过去的事情让它过去吧。)
Better than nothing. (有总比没有强。)
A fair-weather friend. (酒肉朋友。)
Every little bit helps. (滴水汇成河。)